any railroad dispatchers here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    If I had a dollar for every dispatcher I've fucked face down like a house cat I'd be a rich man. Also they screwed that job up when they got rid of the union. Now they have shitty insurance, if you screw up you're fired for good, and if you get layed off no coming back to work when things pick up. They just hire new people off the street for less money.
    Kind of like a real job with real consequences if you fuck up. Imagine that...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      lol
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

thats the exact thought that crossed my mind.

Us non-union guys are fucked I guess, you know, because we have to make sure we really do our jobs.

That statement does raise a question I have been wondering. Does anyone know if the dispatch folks in the trucking industry are union?
        Last edited by mstng86; 03-06-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

That is just absurd, you mean people are actually getting paid what they are worth?

Comment

Except they are held responsible for things they have no control over. They are requried to meet goals that can't be met. Plus every word they speak, every key they press and every decision they make is recorded and reviewed at a later date.

To the OP. I know first hand they have been laying people off right out of training because they decided they didnt need em after all.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
              Except they are held responsible for things they have no control over. They are requried to meet goals that can't be met.
              Sounds like nearly every other job in America. I'm held responsible for things that are out of my control every day. I'm required to meet sales goals that go up, 20%, every year, regardless of the economy, and the business my factories lose for me (out of my control). Don't do my job, my ass is on the street. Should be the same for every profession out there. Unions are just safe havens for lazy people, and habitual fuck ups.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Sounds like nearly every other job in America. I'm held responsible for things that are out of my control every day. I'm required to meet sales goals that go up, 20%, every year, regardless of the economy, and the business my factories lose for me (out of my control). Don't do my job, my ass is on the street. Should be the same for every profession out there. Unions are just safe havens for lazy people, and habitual fuck ups.
                What he said.

Comment

Thank god I just got out of a union. Funny my pay doubled and my benefits are twice as good. Hmm.
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Meant to mention, I took the aptitude test on friday......

Comment

Originally posted by sonicbluegt View Post
                      It a high stress job so if u take and handle stressful situations well then go for it. All new dispatchers are no longer union just FYI.
                      And this isn't true with bnsf

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                        Meant to mention, I took the aptitude test on friday......
                        Did it come back negative?

Comment

Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                          This one chick my girl knows, went from cutting hair at Regis to a RR dispatcher. Heard she makes bank.
                          LoL. Ball'n!

Comment

Working...
                          X