any railroad dispatchers here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any railroad dispatchers here

I am taking the steps needed to switch careers. This is still in the infant phase but am going to see it all the way through. From everything i've gathered for employment with bnsf, i will first need to do an aptitude test which is scheduled for the 23rd. Assuming I do well, I will then be interviewed before being approved for the 16 week course which is given at TCC and begins in June. During this 16wk period, classes will be mon thru friday 8am to 5pm so it will be necessary for me to have money saved for the mortgage and I would have to wait tables or bartend in the evenings to make ends meet. They start you at 55k and have excellent benefits from what i have been told. I am just curious if there was any feedback on this career path?

expect the union to take a good chunk of that 55k
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

This site needs a fucking chooooochoooo$$$$$$$$$$ section.

Comment

I know a dispatcher. Good money (80k+), good hours, and fairly enjoyable. <--she is a chick so she gets trolled a lot about directing 22-30 trains all at the same time lol
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

There are easy ways to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            rob a bank?

Comment

This one chick my girl knows, went from cutting hair at Regis to a RR dispatcher. Heard she makes bank.
              Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                he'll figure out the secret after a little bit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                  I know a dispatcher. Good money (80k+), good hours, and fairly enjoyable. <--she is a chick so she gets trolled a lot about directing 22-30 trains all at the same time lol
                  Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    Pics?
                    I'll check

sigpic

Comment

she has a trophy too

sigpic

Comment

If you get in I will literally shoot myself. I interviewed 6 times for that class then they told me no more and I will not be considered for any other classes.

The aptitude test is a joke but you went to haltom so maybe it will be difficult.

If you by chance get an interview let me know and I will email you all of the questions that they ask so you can prepare. They are a standard set of questions that they do not deviate from.

And they start at 305/day once you are solo.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                          If you get in I will literally shoot myself. I interviewed 6 times for that class then they told me no more and I will not be considered for any other classes.

The aptitude test is a joke but you went to haltom so maybe it will be difficult.

If you by chance get an interview let me know and I will email you all of the questions that they ask so you can prepare. They are a standard set of questions that they do not deviate from.

And they start at 305/day once you are solo.
                          thanks. i'll let you know. i am also looking into paralegals. smu has a 6 month course and their pay is about the same from what i've read. I want to "interview" a few paralegals first or at least chit chat with one to see if its something i am really interested in. just looking for a serious change and tired of working 8 to 9 mon thru sat

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post

she has a trophy too
                            times are tough, Ill do her...

Comment

It a high stress job so if u take and handle stressful situations well then go for it. All new dispatchers are no longer union just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X