The Murtaugh list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Murtaugh list

This morning I woke up popping and sore from a marathon work session on the race car, after staying up late Saturday night.

I couldn't help but think about an episode of a TV show when they were talking about a list of things that they couldn't do like they used to. Obviously the line "I'm to old for this shit" came from Lethal Weapon from detective Murtaugh, thus stems the list.

Add to our own Murtaugh List.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

2 rounds of golf back-to-back with a large majority of it walking
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Can't party all night and go to work with 2 hours of sleep any more. I've slowed down in general a decent amount, but I think it is more due to indifference and the fact that little bothers me any more. My temper has a much longer fuse than it used to. Aside from that, not really much is different. Had back problems since before I was an old fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Can't party all night and go to work with 2 hours of sleep any more.
        This.

No more $0.25 beers at Caves on a weeknight and acting like everything's peachy keen the next morning.

I also have knee issues. Running, baseball, racquetball, etc used to be no big deal but now just playing rough with the dogs can make me realize that I'm not 18 anymore.

Comment

i can still drink all night and work the next day... just not with as much enthusiasm as when i was 21

Comment

I suffered a herniated disk in my lower back last year. It has changed the way I do nearly everything. The way it limits my physical abilities really gets me down sometimes. I was a fairly successful power lifter in high school. Now....I have trouble getting out of bed.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Don't physically heal as quickly after sports. I can play softball, basketball, etc, but my body feels more fatigued the next day than it used to.
              Last edited by mstng86; 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Go mountain biking. I got a new bike Friday, went to Grapevine trails Saturday, nearly died of exhaustion and my ass/taint hurt like a motherfucker, even two days later. Was a real wake-up call.

Comment

sleeping on hard ground with just a sleeping bag. Back is wrecked for a good week after.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Don't physically hill as quickly after sports. I can play softball, basketball, etc, but my body feels more fatigued the next day than it used to.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                      ha, I am going on 2 hours of sleep and been up since 2. Kiss my ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Go mountain biking. I got a new bike Friday, went to Grapevine trails Saturday, nearly died of exhaustion and my ass/taint hurt like a motherfucker, even two days later. Was a real wake-up call.
                        you have to install the saddle portion of the seat. just that steel pole is a real mofo.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Can't party all night and go to work with 2 hours of sleep any more.
                          Yup, I remember back in college leaving the clubhouse at 4am and making it to work by 7am and putting out freight. Now if I stay out past midnight drinking the whole next work day is shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X