people getting married having babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people getting married having babies

seems like everybody I know is doing one or the other...

everybody is registered somewhere and begging for gifts... When the wife and I got married we just got married and paid for our own shit. I guess that's not the norm?

I negotiated that I would gladly go my wife's friend's wedding if I could wear my 6" 686 on my hip. That stipulation was ok'd by the bride, so that was victory #1

then for my best friend's shower, I'm buying all breast pump related hardware so that the thank you card from his girl will pretty much have to reference yams

my other friend's shower I'm going to do the same if possible...

good times
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Can I get your address? I've been meaning to send you an invitation for something.....

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      Can I get your address? I've been meaning to send you an invitation for something.....
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Bubble blower that blows $$$$$$$ signs

Comment

I had 8 people attend my wedding, my step daughter, my parents, her parents, my brother and my two nieces. I wasn't about to ask anybody for shit just because I got married.

Comment

Today's society. Get as much as you can on someone else's dime.

I was in a wedding awhile back and the bride had 3 different showers and spent 16k on the wedding. The only food was small finger sandwiches. Everyone in the wedding party was pissed after being stuck there for 6 hours to only get a couple small sandwiches.
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Man. I really should add up the monthly cost for us to buy presents for kids in the family, weddings, etc. I think we end up buying 2 or 3 gifts per month. It's always something. Baby shower, wedding shower, birthdays, it just never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

everybody is registered somewhere and begging for gifts... When the wife and I got married we just got married and paid for our own shit. I guess that's not the norm?

I negotiated that I would gladly go my wife's friend's wedding if I could wear my 6" 686 on my hip. That stipulation was ok'd by the bride, so that was victory #1

then for my best friend's shower, I'm buying all breast pump related hardware so that the thank you card from his girl will pretty much have to reference yams

my other friend's shower I'm going to do the same if possible...

good times
                This is what I have been thinkin also.
                Photobucket

Comment

Last wedding I was asked to be a groomsman. We have been long time friends, but not all that close in recent years. Basically I was out $100 on a tux rental and just a number to even up with all the bridesmaids. I've hardly heard "boo" from the family since even though they have had parties and such with all the other members of the wedding party since. Not falling for that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

Yes it's pretty much been custom since the beginning of time for a wedding party to receive gifts from invited guests. Blast to those following tradition!!111

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Man. I really should add up the monthly cost for us to buy presents for kids in the family, weddings, etc. I think we end up buying 2 or 3 gifts per month. It's always something. Baby shower, wedding shower, birthdays, it just never ends.
                      x2
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Yes it's pretty much been custom since the beginning of time for a wedding party to receive gifts from invited guests. Blast to those following tradition!!111
                        Gotta agree with the knucklehead on this one.

Comment

If I ever get married she had better be cool with going off to an island somewhere with parents and a friend or two, forget all that big wedding BS I would rather spend the money on going somewhere nice. We'll get a couple kegs and some BBQ and have a big party when we get back.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            kinda what i was thinking. lolz at the line of thinking that people are falling in love, getting married, and having kids to inconvenience you. as biggie said "get a grip muhhfucker"

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

My wife and I didn't ask for anything when we got married but we still got some money from our parents.

However we didn't have to ask for anything when we found out we were going to adopt a baby. Everyone kept asking us if we had created a baby registry. Miyako was finally forced to make one and the gifts just started rolling in on their own. Most gifts were just clothing (which is great) but some folks spent a pretty penny on our boy..

We were just thankful for all of the support we got...

Comment

Working...
                              X