Penske truck rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
    Tulsa will be laying off 2100 people which is 40% of its work force. AA is also shutting down AFW in Fort Worth. AA is wanting to outsource all of its heavy maintenance to overseas maintenance sites. No way I'm going to work for a company that doesn't care about its employees. So adiós AA!!!

I'll be working on corporate jets in Tucson. Non-union and the starting pay will be 20% more then I'm getting now. Plus they pay for school so I can go back to college and get a degree.

Where do you work? I thought you worked for AA in Tulsa also???
    Fedex. Line. In Lubbock.

Regardless of what happened with Tulsa and bankruptcy. I was looking to get out.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
      Originally Posted by 2011GT
      Tulsa will be laying off 2100 people which is 40% of its work force. AA is also shutting down AFW in Fort Worth. AA is wanting to outsource all of its heavy maintenance to overseas maintenance sites. No way I'm going to work for a company that doesn't care about its employees. So adiós AA!!!

I'll be working on corporate jets in Tucson. Non-union and the starting pay will be 20% more then I'm getting now. Plus they pay for school so I can go back to college and get a degree.

Fedex. Line. In Lubbock.

Regardless of what happened with Tulsa and bankruptcy. I was looking to get out.

Glad to hear you guys are going to make it ok.. I have the seniority (26 yrs)to stay in T-town,, but am considering a couple options overseas. it would only be for maybe 5 years, but that would be enough... I work in WB QC.

Bill
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Yes, be aware that the efficiency of box trucks is really important. 10mph can cost you hundreds of dollars in fuel.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
          Fedex. Line. In Lubbock.

Good deal! I noticed they where hiring in Florida but part time only

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
          Originally Posted by 2011GT

Fedex. Line. In Lubbock.

Glad to hear you guys are going to make it ok.. I have the seniority (26 yrs)to stay in T-town,, but am considering a couple options overseas. it would only be for maybe 5 years, but that would be enough... I work in WB QC.

Bill
          26 years wow! I'm an eagle transfer and only have 5 years with AMR. I work the pulse line.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Yes, be aware that the efficiency of box trucks is really important. 10mph can cost you hundreds of dollars in fuel.
          Ok, thanks for the info. I will probably drive around 65 max.

Comment

26 years wow! I'm an eagle transfer and only have 5 years with AMR. I work the pulse line.

Time flies when your having fun, but it ain't fun anymore

Worked as a "Systems" mech on the DC-10's, 767's and A-300's before going into the QC Dept in 2000..

Safe trip and the best of luck!!

Bill
            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

not second guessing you on the price, but are you sure the penske is cheaper than uhaul? Penske usually rapes you on mileage fees but a one way might not work that way. Just be sure you are aware of ALL the costs.....and uhaul has diesels available if you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                not second guessing you on the price, but are you sure the penske is cheaper than uhaul? Penske usually rapes you on mileage fees but a one way might not work that way. Just be sure you are aware of ALL the costs.....and uhaul has diesels available if you ask.
                Penske is unlimited miles one way and 200 dollars less.

Comment

Working...
                X