Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt-Hill Bridge hoopla...

Does anybody really give a rat's ass about yet another
    debacle perpetrated by the inept leadership of the City of Dallas.

and every damn news outlet is all over it like the the second coming of Jesus.

What a colossal waste of time/money/energy and resources...

Thank you, please drive through...
    mardyn

Bridge to no where.

I don't understand why it is going to West Dallas, but it doesn't surprise me.

Hey, at least we have this beautiful bridge instead of that monstrousity of a stadium in Arlington. (heavy on sarcasm)

Comment

Yeah, its not even ready for car traffic until late March. Its just a speck on the horizon. You actually have to look for it. Nothing like what they have in Boston.

Comment

Obviously I'm out of the loop. I thought they scrapped the building of that bridge. Of course it doesn't really matter to me, I'm nowhere near it and will never use it, so I don't care.

Comment

Don't care. Hopefully the City of Dallas goes broke soon, I hope they build ten of them.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
            Obviously I'm out of the loop. I thought they scrapped the building of that bridge. Of course it doesn't really matter to me, I'm nowhere near it and will never use it, so I don't care.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Don't care. Hopefully the City of Dallas goes broke soon, I hope they build ten of them.
            ha, Al is pretty close. They were supposed to build 3 of them, and this ONE went over the budget so much they just built this one by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              ha, Al is pretty close. They were supposed to build 3 of them, and this ONE went over the budget so much they just built this one by itself.
              Ah, yes, now I remember.

Comment

i don't see what the big deal is all about...it doesn't look like some sort of landmark, like they're making it out to be.

Comment

I love how it dumps you off right onto Singleton, the most crack-riddled spot in shithole west Dallas. If you accidentally end up on this bridge, be sure to lock your doors and drive right through the zombies.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    I love how it dumps you off right onto Singleton, the most crack-riddled spot in shithole west Dallas. If you accidentally end up on this bridge, be sure to lock your doors and drive right through the zombies.
                    Exactly, I took my boy to the children's museum down at Fair Park last week, it is like going to Iraq.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Yeah, and for what ever strange reason, "they" continue to think people want to go over there or want to come downtown to be accosted by the vagrants.

The reason the suburbs exist in the first place is because, decades ago, people were trying to escape the squalor and crime that is exists in the area.

Hey , I've got an idea... let's build a multi-million dollar park downtown somewhere so the vagrants will have yet another place to hang around/sleep/defecate/get high while to panhandle for money to support their addictions.

Yeah, that's a downtown area I want to visit.

mardyn

ooops... got off on another little tangent there... didn't I?

Comment

Working...
                      X