No announcement yet.

drill your own well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The well was here when I bought the property, but it's not pumping. It used to supply
    water to 11 houses. There's 2 huge storage tanks, and the pressure tank. It has it's own
    electric service, but turned off. The HOA got tired of issues and decided to switch to city
    water.

It's 800 ft deep and I need the pump replaced(I think). I was quoted many thousands of
    dollars from a well service company, so I wouldn't mind trying to do this myself.

Jay Johnson
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
      The well was here when I bought the property, but it's not pumping. It used to supply
      water to 11 houses. There's 2 huge storage tanks, and the pressure tank. It has it's own
      electric service, but turned off. The HOA got tired of issues and decided to switch to city
      water.

It's 800 ft deep and I need the pump replaced(I think). I was quoted many thousands of
      dollars from a well service company, so I wouldn't mind trying to do this myself.

Jay Johnson
      Pumps arent cheap and something to pump 800' head pressure is going to take a decent sized pump. Call Affordable Water Wells. They are in the DFW area but might go out where you are. If not, I would think they would have some recommendations on a pump.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
        In south Arkansas a well runs around $35-45 a foot. Most here are around 180-250'.

Biggest problem here is finding someone to drill one. That, and an old neighbor had to have two drilled because the first one wouldn't clear up/flow enough water. I had a piece of property I wanted to build on that would have to be on a well. I weighed all options and even though there was no cost associated with the land, I really didn't want to end up with $20k+ in a well for water.
        That may or may not have produced. We had a quote on one in Farmersville that was closer to $40m as they anticipated having to go over 600' down. Decided not to go that route and sold that place...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
        X