Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started wiping my ass with 20's instead of 100's
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I don't carry my wallet to work.

I'm pretty good about not buying junk food or coffee / drinks etc from the gas station, but not carrying the wallet makes sure I can't cave when I'm looking at everybody elses $10 lunch and I don't want to eat my salad. Unless I need to fill up the tank, I usually don't spend a penny monday thru friday.

Comment

My wife and I have been doing things to save money for a while and Iv been amazed on how much we've saved. Here 's a few
        #1. Grocery store coupons! Check out youtube for videos on how to use coupons. You can seriously make a $200 grocery bill come down to $10 using manufacture coupons, store coupons, and store sales.
        #2. I have a work provided cell phone so I dont pay for service. I setup Google voice on my wifes cell phone and a fring account. As longs as her phone is connected to any wifi she gets texts for free, and makes/receives calls for free. I think her phone bill will go from $100/month to around $50/6 months. Just get a prepaid phone card for 1000 minutes and no texting.
        #3. Switch around tv services that have the best sales. Sign up for dish for their 1 year introductory rate then after 1 year swap over to direct tv and get theres. Sometimes you can tell the company your with that you'll cancel the service if they dont match it and they will give you free channels or disscount.
        #4. Get the cheapest internet plan you can get by with. Since my wifes iphone makes calls over wifi I look at it like my internet bill is for half for her phone and half for browsing.
        #5. Change your driving habbits to get the best mpg. Some people are averaging 40-50mpg with normal cars/trucks. It becomes a game for you after a few weeks and is actually fun to see how good you can get. Do things like take everything out of your car that you dont have to have, depress the gas pedal the absolute minimal amount to get you to speed, build speed going down hill and coast uphill, drive behind big rigs when ever you can(I did this when I went to school in Houston when I drove to and from ft worth and I went 228 miles with 4 gallons of gas)and if there are no big rigs drive behind the biggest vehicle you see(you dont have to tail gate them to get the benifits).
        #6. Turn off/un-plug anything in your house your not using to save electricity. Even though you've turned off an electrical device they can still draw power so unplug them. Set your ac to the warmest you can stand it.
        #7. Drink tap water instead of sodas or bottled water. If you dont like the taste of you tap water get a filter. Waters better for you anyway and cheap. Youll loose weight in the process and all you had to do was save money.
        #8. Bring lunches to work or decide you'll only go out for lunch once a week.

Comment

I forgot to add that both of our vehicles are paid off and no line of credit on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Can you expand on this? I can't feed just myself on $50/week. Unless I ate nothing but beans, rice, and cornbread. And I can't do that 3 meals a day/7 days a week.
            Coupon Queen Heather Tenney shows WLWT's Michelle Hopkins how to save big on your shopping bill.

Jill Cataldo, of Huntley, saves thousands of dollars on groceries every year. She shares the "Super-Couponing" skills with others by teaching classes around ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
              Started wiping my ass with 20's instead of 100's
              Now that was some funny shit!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

50 mpg out of a truck? Not unless it's being towed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  It was a V6 dakota (half truck I guess). Drafted behind a big rig the whole way. I pulled my boat up to Bonham using my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.9 v8 and I averaged 35mpg(again drafting behind big rigs)
                  Last edited by stephen4785; 12-13-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    #5. Change your driving habbits to get the best mpg. Some people are averaging 40-50mpg with normal cars/trucks. It becomes a game for you after a few weeks and is actually fun to see how good you can get. Do things like take everything out of your car that you dont have to have, depress the gas pedal the absolute minimal amount to get you to speed, build speed going down hill and coast uphill, drive behind big rigs when ever you can(I did this when I went to school in Houston when I drove to and from ft worth and I went 228 miles with 4 gallons of gas)and if there are no big rigs drive behind the biggest vehicle you see(you dont have to tail gate them to get the benifits).
                    So you're the asshole that takes the on ramp at 35 and a good exit or two to reach 60!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      sounds like it was being driven by someone with bad math skills.

Comment

I reuse my condoms now.

Comment

Just shop at the Costco in Southlake, get an executive membership thats only $100 a year, you earn back 2% on everything you buy there, including gas.

I always make back enough to cover the $100 fee and have a little extra

But only shop at the one in Southlake.
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                          X