Ways you have conserved spending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways you have conserved spending?

Over the past few yrs when money has seemed to be tight for everyone at one point or another.... what are some ways you and/or your family have learned to conserve?

Somethings we do:

Go to grocery store with a list with 5 planned meals instead of a free for all.

Share meals at restaurants ( this is great at Mexican Restaurants that have large single Fajita platters- we leave full for under $15-20 after tip)

Drink water at restaurants (healthier as well)

Combine trips and use the vehicle that gets better mpg.

Eliminate CC and go with the rule " if we don't have the cash we don't need it"

budget

It is a great feeling having extra left over at the end of the month for savings and still feeling that you got your wants and needs met.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

I starting buying well vodka and whiskey instead of calls/premiums

Comment

I cut down on blow and whores, but I'm still ballin.

Comment

I stopped buy new trucks. I have now owned this truck longer than I have any other in the last 15 years. (3.5 years now)

Make my own breakfast rather than buy it from a fast food place, bought my own margarita mix rather than going to the Outback all the time.

Comment

Bang a chick n forget about her, instead of trying to date.

Comment

i turn my condoms inside out so i get 2 uses out of each one

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              i turn my condoms inside out so i get 2 uses out of each one
              that's management thinking

Comment

lmao
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

goin to the grocery store to buy just meals saves alot of money for us,Never go to the store hungry. You will walk out with $100 of junk, Plus we dont allow our kids to drink sodas. we only drink water, milk and make green tea about once a week

I feed a family of 3 for around 50 a week and we have all the food we want, 3 healthy meals a day with no junk food

Comment

I've cut out everything I don't need... no more Impala, no more bike, no more DVR or satellite (using free off air antenna), no more Sirius, no more eating out, no more alcohol, no more smart phone, got rid of newer car for older cash car... my only luxury currently is internet and a gym membership. Really, I don't miss much, it's all fluff. And I've been lucky the economy has not impacted me, I'm just trying to get ahead. I almost have my house paid off

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                      goin to the grocery store to buy just meals saves alot of money for us,Never go to the store hungry. You will walk out with $100 of junk, Plus we dont allow our kids to drink sodas. we only drink water, milk and make green tea about once a week

I feed a family of 3 for around 50 a week and we have all the food we want, 3 healthy meals a day with no junk food
                      what a drag

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        I've cut out everything I don't need... no more Impala, no more bike, no more DVR or satellite (using free off air antenna), no more Sirius, no more eating out, no more alcohol, no more smart phone, got rid of newer car for older cash car... my only luxury currently is internet and a gym membership. Really, I don't miss much, it's all fluff. And I've been lucky the economy has not impacted me, I'm just trying to get ahead. I almost have my house paid off
                        After my divorce, I went a year without cable tv. I have it these days, but those were some of the better days of my life. I got more done and wasted a lot less time.
                        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                          After my divorce, I went a year without cable tv. I have it these days, but those were some of the better days of my life. I got more done and wasted a lot less time.
                          I still can watch whatever I want online for free. But you're right, much more productive without the ability to sit on the couch and flip channels.

Comment

I quit drinking and partying in general, and I now pack my own smokes.

Comment

Paid off credit card, I don't drink at bars anymore (just pregame it at home), no TV or internet, trying to cut back on sodas, energy drinks, and copenhagen, I wait for movies to come to the $1 theater instead of paying $8+ when they first come out, and saving up to pay off motorcycle next.
                              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                              X