Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever seen a person with a thumb that looks like a toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen a person with a thumb that looks like a toe?

This might explain it...

Doctors To Replace Man's Severed Thumb with Toe

A Mississippi mechanic will soon be able to give two thumbs up again as surgeons in San Francisco are removing one of his toes and attaching it to his hand to act as a thumb he lost in October in a work-place accident.

Mike Stevens’ left thumb was amputated after it was injured by a bulldozer blade. The 42-year-old Pearl, Miss., man was told he could have his index finger refashioned to serve as his thumb or live without one.

As a mechanic, that was not option.

Stevens and his family came to San Francisco to have a microsurgeon replace Stevens’ lost thumb with his left big toe. The surgery began around 7:30 a.m. Thursday and was to last about six hours..

The healing process will take about six weeks, then Stevens will need hand therapy for a long time, doctors say. If all works well, he will have most of the function of his new thumb in six months to a year -- Stevens will also have to learn how to walk without a toe.

In before megan fox picture

Comment

I saw a video of a scuba diver that had this procedure done back in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
        In before megan fox picture

Shit

Ded

Comment

Went to school with a girl who had toe thumbs (not literally, but they looked like toes). She was a decent looking girl, but was also the butt of some jokes. "Yeah, she's cute, but those thumbs!" I think they had some very adverse affects on her self confidence resulting in some bad choices with guys.

Comment

I worked with a guy who blew his hand up with a firecracker. All fingers were gone. They took the big toe from one foot and the middle toe from the other and made a claw like thing on his hand.
            Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

aCid's boyfriend has toethumbs.
              Ded

Comment

Working...
              X