Some People are Just too Tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some People are Just too Tight

We are finishing up a job today and I am in the yard washing out a roller. The owners of the house has been watering the yard so some of the paint residue seeped over the curb. No biggie. I just let the water run to let it dilute to clean water. We'll, 2 houses down a man is out mowing his yard. I see him walk up to the street with a bucket and make several attempts to get some of the paint/water into it. I see him walking over towards me and I say, "How's it goin?" He says, "not too good asshole." He proceeds to dump the water onto my customers entry sidewalk. Trying to be nice, I say, "can I help you?" He says for me to quit getting this shit on his street..."asshole." I get the hose and start to wash the sidewalk where he dumps the water and I tell him that the street does not belong to him, but no worries, I will clean it all up. He ask me if I'm Mr. McCollum and I say, "yes I am." "McCollum asshole."I walk towards him and say that asshole is not my last name, so then the fucker says, "asshole McCollum. Fucker!" He is caring a sharp shooter (shovel). I walk up to him and ask him, "is that all you got?" He turns and walks off saying, "asshole." Then he turns back around and ask me if I'm the one thats been stomping in his yard. Really?

Sometimes its really hard to be nice and business like. But deep inside I was sure hoping he'd swing that shovel. Some people...
    Photobucket

were you washing that paint roller off in the street??

Comment

Should have given him a nice cold water stream to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        LOL, this!

In my imagination it'd be like shooting a pesky dog with a waterhose and saying "shoo"

Comment

And got a shovel edge to the skull for the loss.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

So you going back after dark and spray "Asshole" in his yard with Roundup?

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post

It's not like Wayne would suffer any brain damage.

Comment

It's not like Wayne would suffer any brain damage.

+1
                Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                  were you washing that paint roller off in the street??
                  No. I was washing it out in my customers yard and it seeped over the curb into the street. Happens all the time. You just let the water run a little till its clean water. No biggie.

God I wish you were there when I needed inspired.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  So you going back after dark and spray "Asshole" in his yard with Roundup?
                  A thousand things comes to mind, but no.
                  Photobucket

Comment

My dad worked as a painter for 25 years. He got lung cancer and couldnt work much. A buddy of his own's a concrete company and asked him to come out and help with what he could. They got out out to the job site and started. My dad took out his cd player and popped in a carlos santana cd. He said he had it pretty low and they werent near the house so he didnt think it would be a big deal. The owner of the house came out with a revolver and popped off a few shots toward the river then turned and yelled at my dad saying he'd better shut that crap off right now or he'll shoot the cd player. My dad was 6'7 220lbs and didnt fear a fight with anybody. But he'd been sick for year and his weight dropped to 185lbs. He knew he couldnt fight so he shut off his cd player and put it in his car. The owner of the concrete co(a life long friend of my dads) went over to the home owner and asked about his revolver. He asked him if he could shoot it so the home owner handed it over. With pistol in hand he turned around and yelled to his guys to pack it up they're going home. Left mid pour on a large slab and he kept the revolver for about a week. He even paid my dad for the full job.
                    Some people have no idea how to approach people about an issue they have.

Comment

If this is Trophy Club I can definitely see that happening. You think that is bad though, you should try working in condo's on the b each in South Florida.

I remember when I was installing carpet and had to go to those condos. It was fucking nuts. You can't be loud or leave any traces of anything behind. How are you supposed to nail down tack strip in an empty house without making noise? A few carpet fibers peal off and the wind blows them down the hall and you have every 'security' guard and every nosey prick up there asking what the hell is going on.

I am so glad I don't deal with that crap anymore.. Eff that.
                      Last edited by 347Mike; 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        Maybe, but I was bottles up with "pissed off." I sure as hell wouldnt have made it easy for him.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Next time, show him a picture of your office.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            If this is Trophy Club I can definitely see that happening.
                            Yeah, it was here in TC.

Its not as bad here as it use to be though. Back in the day, most that lived here would drown in the rain for having their nose up in the air.
                            Photobucket

Comment

ha, Fight club style!

Comment

Working...
                              X