No announcement yet.

Some of these CL ad's blow me away....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shit. I just spent a year restoring a '66 C code mustang coupe for a family friend, and the day he brought it to me, he said "in this condition it's still worth 5 grand". I was like, "yeah right, its a total p.o.s. with an 80's paint job that hasn't run since '92! I figure it's worth $500." Now that I'm looking for another one, a rusted shitbox or a bare shell is supposedly worth $6k. Total bullshit.

Comment

Jeezus, $15K for a 69 Torino with a 302! WTF is he smoking, that car ain't worth near that.

Good gawd!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        No shit. I just spent a year restoring a '66 C code mustang coupe for a family friend, and the day he brought it to me, he said "in this condition it's still worth 5 grand". I was like, "yeah right, its a total p.o.s. with an 80's paint job that hasn't run since '92! I figure it's worth $500." Now that I'm looking for another one, a rusted shitbox or a bare shell is supposedly worth $6k. Total bullshit.
        You got any stock front seats?
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          You got any stock front seats?
          Sure, $1500/pair. The car is worth at least $50k with these seats!

Comment

I should post my rare 85 Grand National on there for 20k (they only made 5800 of them).

Comment

Looks like most Camaro owners I have met. They think their 60's Camaro is worth a damn fortune. Rare? Yeah, but not the kind of rare people want.

There was some old guy selling some Ford 8n tractors on CL calling them rare. Like what has he been smoking? Nothing rare about those tractors.

Comment

People will never learn that rare does NOT nesessarily mean desirable.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I should try to sell my four-eye for $10,000.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Product representation. Some people dont get it.
                    Those Chevy II's made me think of this little falcon I saw last night.
                    If I was a Ford guy, I'd offer $500, and slam a 5.3 in there so quick it'd make your head spin.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2870006963.html
                    Must be really rare. a '63 model bodied as a '64

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      I should post my rare 85 Grand National on there for 20k (they only made 5800 of them).
                      Make an ad with my 84 and your 85, post the ad for 45k lol
                      Street car.

Comment

This one had me cracking up. Comes with 3/4 race cam.
                        sigpic
                        Old Fords Rule

Comment

some good deals some bad. I have a guy who works for me all he does all day is refreshes craigslist posts over and over and goes and picks up the deals. Lately with income tax season been a bunch of dreamers
                          Last edited by War Machine; 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X