Unemployment Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment Question.

A friend of mine is due to have a baby in a few weeks. She works at Papa Johns for the past 2 years. And the company doesn't offer paid time off. At the same time she can't afford the 6-8 weeks (much less a week) the doctor is going to recommend her to take off. I know she has medicare. Is there any other financial support she can get?

Thanks in advance

I'm gonna go ahead and be the asshole that says she should not be having a kid to begin with. She's in the final stages of pregnancy and just now worried what her maternity leave might look like? Can't afford a week of work, were expenses not cut to try and save something? Good luck... hope the kiddo is okay.

Comment

Why is she waiting till now to worry about this?

Comment

No recommend about it... A corporation like papa johns is going to require a medical release for her to go back to work... Huge liability if they do... She should have researched earlier... Aflac has an insurance policy for instances like this... It's very affordable and pays you while on leave... Good thing is she will still have a job when she gets released...

Comment

she must not deliver the pizzas at Papa Johns

Comment

Most companies don't offer paid time off outside of sick time and vacation time. They'll allow maternity leave through FMLA which protects the job after the leave is over, but it's typically unpaid time. As others have said, this situation should have been thought through long ago. Good luck to her and the kid, but she's starting in a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
              I'm gonna go ahead and be the asshole that says she should not be having a kid to begin with. She's in the final stages of pregnancy and just now worried what her maternity leave might look like? Can't afford a week of work, were expenses not cut to try and save something? Good luck... hope the kiddo is okay.
              This! Already on da welfare, fixing to be on more of da welfare...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Get a job asshole

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  Get a job asshole
                  fucking retard

Comment

this thread could get interesting

Comment

pics of friend?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        pics of friend?
                        x2. Love me some milk-laden milkers.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                          x2. Love me some milk-laden milkers.
                          Pepperoni nips? We are talking about a pizza girl.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                            A friend of mine is due to have a baby in a few weeks. She works at Papa Johns for the past 2 years. And the company doesn't offer paid time off. At the same time she can't afford the 6-8 weeks (much less a week) the doctor is going to recommend her to take off. I know she has medicare. Is there any other financial support she can get?

Thanks in advance
                            Medicare? That's for the 65 and older crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Medicare? That's for the 65 and older crowd.
                              Maybe he meant Cobra? Oh wait, no way she can afford that.

Comment

Working...
                              X