Tire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire help

A friend needs 4 tires that are 285/45R/22's. The best deal he's found is around $265 a tire. Anyone know where he can possibly find a better deal? Anyone have a hook-up?

That's not expensive for that size tire. There are several tire websites. That's where the best deals are, especially if he's willing to get an offbrand.

I got a set of Atturos pretty cheap online for my Explorer. They have lasted longer than anything else I've had on it. Avoid Sumitomo. That's the worst set I've ever had. Sorry, but I don't recall the website I used.

Comment

tire

285/45R22 - TOYO PROXES S/T BLK 175 ea.
      285/45R22-XL - TOYO PROXES STII BLK 200.ea
      285/45R22-XL - HANKOOK VENTUS ST RH06 205ea
      285/45R-22 - BS DUELER H/L ALENZA BLK 260.ea

Comment

Ballet wheels but can't afford the baller tires? Lulz

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post

Sigh...

He's looking to save cash. Is that really such a bad thing? If you just throw it away, you will never have it. I suggest reading "The millionaire next door" for a little insight into this concept.

275-65/20s in an E load anyone?
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
            Sigh...

He's looking to save cash. Is that really such a bad thing? If you just throw it away, you will never have it. I suggest reading "The millionaire next door" for a little insight into this concept.

275-65/20s in an E load anyone?
            If he was really fiscally responsible, he wouldn't have 22's to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              If he was really fiscally responsible, he wouldn't have 22's to begin with.
              I have 20's that came factory on my F250. Buying those tires sucks.

Not sure but I think 22s come stock on some vehicles like Tahoes. Anyone know for sure?
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                Ballet?
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Ballet?
                  isnt it time for your .357 mouthwash?

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    I have 20's that came factory on my F250. Buying those tires sucks.

Not sure but I think 22s come stock on some vehicles like Tahoes. Anyone know for sure?
                    Yup - The LTZ's have factory 22's on them. I think those trucks have been found in the morning on blocks more than any other!
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                      Yup - The LTZ's have factory 22's on them. I think those trucks have been found in the morning on blocks more than any other!
                      No, the ltz tahoes come with 20s

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                        A friend needs 4 tires that are 285/45R/22's. The best deal he's found is around $265 a tire. Anyone know where he can possibly find a better deal? Anyone have a hook-up?
                        That about 15 bucks more than I paid for my nitto 420's for my expedition. I think mine might be wider, I'll have to double check.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                          I think it is the escalades that have factory 22's

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I think it is the escalades that have factory 22's
                            Yea those are 22"

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                              My neighbor has one, I know this b/c he asked me the same tire question not too long ago. I thought for sure he was wrong on the size until I looked for myself. These are 22's and they are factory GM wheels, on his LTZ that he bought brand new from classic, even have little bowties on the center caps....

70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X