Opinions on small garden tractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on small garden tractors?

I ditched the idea of a 8n/9n and now looking for something else. I want something I can do more than just mow so a ZTM doesn't fit the bill. I have always heard good things about the little diesel Kubota's. I see a few on CL sometimes that seem fair priced around $4k with mower and other implements.

How about hours? How do I judge how many hours is too many? I can't afford new, but I don't want another something to have to work on all the time.

I've got a bad ass old school IHC Cub Cadet that we no longer use. My Dad bought it new about 25 years ago... $500.00 if you're interested.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
      I've got a bad ass old school IHC Cub Cadet that we no longer use. My Dad bought it new about 25 years ago... $500.00 if you're interested.

mardyn
      I like!

Comment

I have a Massey Ferguson 235. You can pick one up fairly cheap (I paid 4k with brushog and box blade) 6 years ago and it's still just as steady as you can hope for
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I have a Ford 2100 4x4 with mower. $5000

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Another vote for a Massey, my Dad has a 231s and it is a great little diesel tractor. He picked it up when it was about 10 yrs old and only had 130 hours on it.

Comment

Call me, I've got three or four to choose from. If you don't like any of these you'll at least come away with a better idea of what you are looking for.

214-for17-2oh77

Also, what price range are you looking to stay in? And aside from mowing what are you looking to do with it? Plow? Any idea what horse power range? Maybe 30-35?
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                I like!
                X2. My only hesitation is getting parts for it if anything breaks.

Comment

Yeah, Cubbies are expensive to repair, but so are all tractors. My Massey I've replaced the water pump and fuel filter in 6 years. Parts are expensive but the things last forever with a lot of abuse
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                  X