RIP Davy Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    They crossed paths a few times and held mutual respect for each other.
    Probably not as musicians. I thought they were all actors and only one of them or maybe two really did play.

Comment

Jesus fucking christ.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
        Probably not as musicians. I thought they were all actors and only one of them or maybe two really did play.

I haven't done a whole lot of reading on it, but the Monkees were in the studio with them while the Beatles were recording part of Sgt Pepper. I don't think they influenced them much(and that is a movie quote any way), but they respected each other.

Comment

Guess he caught the last train to clarksville..

I enjoyed the songs and show as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Joke, from dumb and dumber.
            Ah...I missed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I grew watching the Monkee's, too...when it was a NEW show! Dammit!

Micheal Nesmith's mom came up with with Liquid Paper.
              Yeah, monday nights at 6:30. damn

Beatle's were around way before the Monkee's.
              the Pre-fab four.

Rip Davy.

Comment

RIP. Somewhere right now Marcia Brady is beside herself in grief.

Comment

Well that sucks. I wore my Monkees records out on one of these as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                    While the show started as TV, the members of the Monkees insisted as the show went on that they play their own instruments and write their own songs.

As for the Beatles, they mutually respected each other.

"The Beatles would go on to say they were fans of the Monkees. How important was their approval?

It means something that anybody likes us. Paul McCartney called me up in the '60s and asked me to send some stuff to his daughter, who was a fan of the Monkees. And Micky has tapes and videos of George Harrison and Ringo Starr at his house, in the Canyon, in the late '60s, down in his little studio, playing. Those tapes must be great to listen to.

It's great the Beatles loved us."

from this Spinner interview with Davy Jones - http://www.spinner.com/2011/07/13/da...nkees-reunion/

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                      Well that sucks. I wore my Monkees records out on one of these as a kid.

HOLY SHIT! I forgot about those! lol Pretty sure I ruined my parents' collection on one. I'm sure I'd puke if I actually listened to something through one now. Has to sound atrocious.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Rip
                        04 GT
                        91 LX

Comment

I watched his bio on E! a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I grew watching the Monkee's, too...when it was a NEW show! Dammit!

Micheal Nesmith's mom came up with with Liquid Paper.
                            My aunt managed that estate for many years before she passed

Comment

Working...
                            X