Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a going rate for plumbers nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a going rate for plumbers nowadays?

Got a quote to jackhammer floor and fix pipe that's been causing my foundation problems. Quote was for 2200 to jackhammer and fix pipe up to 5 feet and refill/recement. pvc pipe if that makes a difference.

Is that competitive? Anyone have it done before? What questions should be asked before having this done? I'm sure their is no cheap fixes but anything that can be tried before doing this?

PM Forbes

Comment

first off, there is no way it is 5 feet deep... under your living floor area. maybe 3 at the most. here is what is going to happen, they are going to dig down and say... hey it isnt here, the water is traveling along the pipe. then it will turn into time and material for the exploratory work. which you will agree with cause you have a f'n hole in your floor. They will follow it out for a few hours finally find it then fix. Then will take all the wet mud and concrete they chipped out throw it back in the hole and sack crete the repair. you will get the flooring guy in there and he will then have to float out the whole floor and charge you out the butt. this is a best scenario providing they dont (your not on a PT slab) hit a pt cable. Pm me your number and explain the situation and I will tell you how to do it yourself, or tell you what to tell them you want
      For some one honest (sight unseen) maybe 1500
      first class white trash

Comment

sent ya a pm

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
          first off, there is no way it is 5 feet deep... under your living floor area. maybe 3 at the most. here is what is going to happen, they are going to dig down and say... hey it isnt here, the water is traveling along the pipe. then it will turn into time and material for the exploratory work. which you will agree with cause you have a f'n hole in your floor. They will follow it out for a few hours finally find it then fix. Then will take all the wet mud and concrete they chipped out throw it back in the hole and sack crete the repair. you will get the flooring guy in there and he will then have to float out the whole floor and charge you out the butt. this is a best scenario providing they dont (your not on a PT slab) hit a pt cable. Pm me your number and explain the situation and I will tell you how to do it yourself, or tell you what to tell them you want
          I've heard of this happening too many times to count. I'm glad there are still good guys out there.

Comment

this happened at my house, my pipe was broke so foundation is messed up, called my insurance company, they sent plumber out he quoted 9k the insurance cut me a check for 8200 after deductable and i took that and spent 2k having all sewer ran outside the house.

Comment

its master bathroom not living room sorry for not making that clear enough.

Comment

ya but its only just that 1 bathroom so I dont think I could get insurance to cover it and the deductible is 1500.

Comment

looks like a toilet flange broke... shouldnt be more than 1000 at the most..
                  first class white trash

Comment

ya but their crack going down all the way to the 90 degree elbow below everything...

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                      ya but their crack going down all the way to the 90 degree elbow below everything...
                      one coupling, 4 feet of pipe, one 90, tolet flange, glue and primer = 60.00
                      Jack hammer rental =55
                      2 bags of sand = 10
                      2 bags sack crete = 10 total material =135.00

providing you have a sawzall if not throw in 20 bucks for a cable saw
                      first class white trash

Comment

makes sense 2 years ago main water line broke under a tree got quotes from 3-5k knew someone who hooked for fort worth water did it for 800 + materials.

Dont know where he is at now how much would you charge forbes pm me a price. I dont have any of the tools.

Comment

without physically seeing it, i say from 500 -1000 for me to send my guy out and fix it.
                          first class white trash

Comment

sent your guy an email we will see would rather give my money to a fellow dfwmustang member than a random plumber anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                              Dayum, I had no idea. Good info.

I am needing one, possibly two french drains install here at the house. Is that something you do ?
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X