dallas police writing fewer tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    what about 2007 2008 2009 and 2010 ticket drops?
    What about them? We don't know the whole story here, it is certainly possible that the federal grants were being reduced in all those years. It is also possible that the reductions could be because of cuts to the police force. Another possibility is that the anomaly in that data is the first year and the following years were returning to the mean. I do know that around the time of the first year Dallas had a very high crime rate, so they could have taken people off of traffic and put them on patrol. We don't have enough information to do much. But I do know federal money is cherished and that is why the drop off in the last year is there, it isn't because of any fairy tale coming out of the police chief's mouth. That dude is a clown, just ask any DPD officer you know, he gets no respect and for good reason.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

They probably don't write as many because people ignore them anyway.

According to http://www.thenewspaper.com/rlc/docs...allasaudit.pdf , at the time, Dallas had a collection rate of 15.3% since 2002, with 1.1 million delinquent citations worth $424 million. I'm sure it's not gotten any better.
      Last edited by BERNIE MOSFET; 02-28-2012, 09:45 AM.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
        They probably don't write as many because people ignore them anyway.

According to this 2009 audit pdf, at the time, Dallas had a collection rate of 15.3% since 2002, with 1.1 million delinquent citations worth $424 million. I'm sure it's not gotten any better.
        Wow, I had no idea their collection rate was that low.

Link doesn't work.
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Wow, I had no idea their collection rate was that low.

Link doesn't work.
          I didn't either. I guess that sort of explains the warrant roundups they do every year.

not sure why the link broke, should work now.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
          X