No announcement yet.

Auto insurance, Geico vs Progressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most insurance companies have a particular client they want as a customer. If you fit that mold you will get very competitive rates. A guy in the office just switched to Kemper and saved over $3,000 compared to State Farm on home and auto with better coverage because he is Kemper's "ideal" customer. That's why it's a good idea to use an agent that brokers out to different carriers so they can shop it for you.

Comment

i have Texas Farm Bureau, Great company and customer service.

let me know if you want to get a quote from my agent. I have switched my dad,in-laws and a couple of other family members.

oh and he's also big into cars as well...

shoot me a PM if you want his number, you wont be disappointed.

Comment

I have motorcycle insurance through Progessive and crashed twice last year. One was cage driver fault (left turner) and one was my fault. The second accident totaled the bike. Both times it was a seamless process even though I used my own shop to do the work for me since I broke my left arm the first time and my right arm the second time. lol

My car insurance is though USAA but I shop around when it comes time to renew to see if there are better deals somewhere else. Companies are constantly changing their policies which affects their rates. Which means whats good prices this year won't be next year.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

We switched to Geico a year ago, my rates are good. 180.00 for 3 cars. 2 which carry full coverage. Look into travelers too. Also check with this guy James Little, he is a great guy, and has saved me and my family a lot of money.

Our Independent Insurance Agents are able to get you multiple quotes from different providers so that you can get the best policy...
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I shop mine annually and so far progressive hasn't been beat... This is for home owners and auto. The only claim I've had was for a windshield so I can't really speak to that aspect.

Comment

I would like to add a little something. We've all heard of actuaries, those peeps that calculate mortality rates and statistics on cars that get hit by meteors, etc. It's a whole science and shit. Anyways, all of these companies have found 'flat spots' or areas in the data where they can offer discount rates compared to other companies if they jack the rates on certain high risk drivers. Everyone knows if you're 16 your insurance is massive, everyone knows if you're a guy you're gonna pay more. Almost everyone knows a lot of insurance companies use credit history. You'd be amazed how much statistical information is available and tied to you. Where you live is huge, not only for the obvious stuff (inner city more expensive than suburbs) but also white collar to blue collar ratio, average income, racial break down on and on and on and on. Long story short different companies will (obviously) have different rates for similiar drivers based on which statistical model they follow, who they choose to give breaks to and how heavily they lean on high risk groups. It really pays dividends for everyone if you shop around from time to time.
              2012 mustang gt. 3.31 MT

Comment

Steve I didn't read the whole thread just OP. But FWIW I have 2 relatives that work at the geico office and they both have state farm insured vehicles because geico is too high.
                2014 GT
                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                  Damn some of yall either have shitty driving records or shitty credit.

The wife and I pay $660 every 6 months. This is with two new cars full coverage 100k/300k limits, 10k PIP, rental towing, and all the other bs included.
                  Damn, you must have some shitty credit. We only pay $598/6 months.
                  Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                  Steve I didn't read the whole thread just OP. But FWIW I have 2 relatives that work at the geico office and they both have state farm insured vehicles because geico is too high.
                  We DID have Progressive with a certain agent, but changed our policy about 3 months ago to Geico and it was $30 month cheaper even without the 'friends and family' discount.
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I just did the same. I've had geico for 5+ yrs. shopped progressive, cheaper so I almost switched. Till I called Allstate. Bigger savings. Allstate carries all 3 of my rides now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                      lol , I'm starting to see the light.

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                      I just did the same. I've had geico for 5+ yrs. shopped progressive, cheaper so I almost switched. Till I called Allstate. Bigger savings. Allstate carries all 3 of my rides now.
                      I called allstate and they were quite a bit more than what I'm paying with Geico. I guess I don't fit their target demographic...lol

I'm learning a lot in this thread. I should have done this shit YEARS ago. It appears I've been pissing money away for a long time.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

pm sent back sir

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                          pm sent back sir
                          Thanks man. David got me hooked up, we are just waiting for one insurance company to get back to him on a "declared value" quote for the fox and then we're good.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

State Farm is who I use, progressive and geico can both suck it in my book....

My agent is Jim Collins.
                            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                              Thanks man. David got me hooked up, we are just waiting for one insurance company to get back to him on a "declared value" quote for the fox and then we're good.
                              Glad to hear that man.

Comment

Working...
                              X