Auto insurance, Geico vs Progressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    They don't work at union jobs, so they've maxed out all of their credit cards and have low credit scores as a result.

Why do you need PIP since you have excellent health insurance through your union job?

Why not it's cheap as dirt and allows you to double dip on medical bills and lost wages even if you have health insurance or disability insurance. I've used it before and they wrote me a check for 10k no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
      Our credit is good, no wrecks in the last 5 years and no tickets on our records. We did have a claim on our uninsured for 450.00 a few years ago, but that's it.

Matt, so you are still with Progressive ? the last paragraph threw me off since I didnt think that person was an agent for Progressive.
      She's a progressive agent, that's who had the best rate for me. I'm still with them, but going to be looking for a new agent to move my policy to.

Comment

Funny, I just dealt with this too.

I was with progressive for going on 7 years, I had all of the discounts and a fully clear driving record. It was supposed to renew March 12 and I looked over the new bill. They went UP from 111 to 126 a month. I called and asked why and the lady couldnt answer or figure out why it was going up. This was full coverage on the '03 cobra and liability on a ranger.

I got online and went to Geico, put in 5 minutes of my time and even increased my coverage on the cobra (I didnt have uninsured/underinsured with progressive) and was quoted at $77 per month. Made a quick phone call and got their policy and dropped the 7 years super ultra diamond military discount progressive plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          She's a progressive agent, that's who had the best rate for me. I'm still with them, but going to be looking for a new agent to move my policy to.
          Gotcha
          Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
          Funny, I just dealt with this too.

I was with progressive for going on 7 years, I had all of the discounts and a fully clear driving record. It was supposed to renew March 12 and I looked over the new bill. They went UP from 111 to 126 a month. I called and asked why and the lady couldnt answer or figure out why it was going up. This was full coverage on the '03 cobra and liability on a ranger.

I got online and went to Geico, put in 5 minutes of my time and even increased my coverage on the cobra (I didnt have uninsured/underinsured with progressive) and was quoted at $77 per month. Made a quick phone call and got their policy and dropped the 7 years super ultra diamond military discount progressive plan.
          That's strange. with Progressive, did you have any claims and how were they to deal with ?

Thanks
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Wow, that makes no sense to me based on what Geico quoted me.....maybe they want me to leave, lol.
            Insurance works very strange. In a year, progressive will be wanting $1500 and Geico will be wanting $1000. I switch every couple of years because of it.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Insurance companies raise/lower their rates based on losses each year. You can have major differences in quotes from Ins co to Ins co and most CSR's can't tell you why....because they aren't trained to know why. Also, if you have a ticket that's close to dropping off the penalty term, you're curent ins co may not calculate that and the new one won't include it. I have been with GEICO for over 15 years and pay $750 6 mo full covg on 2 vehicles and no tickets or accidents. they are great on claims service.

Comment

Gotcha
                That's strange. with Progressive, did you have any claims and how were they to deal with ?

Thanks
                I never had to deal with a claim so I can't tell you. But they have been really great about communication and keeping me updated about my policy. Especially over the last year or two.

Comment

statefarmers ftw
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

So simple a cave man could figure out how to score with Flo.

Comment

Just checked with Nationwide online and they are about 30-40/mo cheaper than progressive right now. I also upped my coverage, lowered my deductibles, and added $20/day more in rental car coverage. So if I had kept coverage exactly the same they probably would have beat progressive by 60-70/mo.

Evidently they are doing good and the new programs out there are affordable. Just an FYI.

A buddy referred Brad Gray at 214-563-5978, he's who I just signed up through.
                      Last edited by Silverback; 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        Insurance works very strange. In a year, progressive will be wanting $1500 and Geico will be wanting $1000. I switch every couple of years because of it.
                        Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                        Insurance companies raise/lower their rates based on losses each year. You can have major differences in quotes from Ins co to Ins co and most CSR's can't tell you why....because they aren't trained to know why. Also, if you have a ticket that's close to dropping off the penalty term, you're curent ins co may not calculate that and the new one won't include it. I have been with GEICO for over 15 years and pay $750 6 mo full covg on 2 vehicles and no tickets or accidents. they are great on claims service.
                        I see, thanks. I need to keep up with these changes, apparently we've been wasting quite a bit of money.

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
                        I never had to deal with a claim so I can't tell you. But they have been really great about communication and keeping me updated about my policy. Especially over the last year or two.
                        thanks

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        Just checked with Nationwide online and they are about 30-40/mo cheaper than progressive right now. I also upped my coverage, lowered my deductibles, and added $20/day more in rental car coverage. So if I had kept coverage exactly the same they probably would have beat progressive by 60-70/mo.

Evidently they are doing good and the new programs out there are affordable. Just an FYI.

A buddy referred Brad Gray at 214-563-5978, he's who I just signed up through.
                        So Nationwide is on your side ? Thanks for the tip, I'll be getting a quote from them tomorrow.
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Progressive funds moveon.org and will never see a dime from me. GEICO is in Warren Buffets back pocket and you see the shit that old ass hole has been talking lately.

I just switched from GEICO to Farmers and got better coverage for $1200 less.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

When Geico asks me why I'm leaving, I'm gonna tell them it's because of their goddamn screaming pig commmerials.........bring back the Gecko !!
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

When Geico asks me why I'm leaving, I'm gonna tell them it's because of their goddamn screaming pig commmerials.........bring back the Gecko !!
                              lol!!! i hate that fucking pig!!!
                              when that commercial comes on i am real quick to turn the mute on

WEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEE
                              Last edited by "MrEd"; 02-28-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I just dropped Gieco, went with Farm Bureau. Saved about 40%. I'm not going to put numbers out there, because I have 2 teenage boys on my policy. We'll just say its higher than s*#t, even after the savings.

Comment

Working...
                                X