DART police writing carpool tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    You asshole. Why the fuck would you do that?
    ^ seriously
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

WTF? As a motorcyclist and former cop, if I would have hit you and still had the ability to get on my feet I would Rodney King the shit out of you.

Comment

From what I hear is there will be an officer on every train.

That's a good start... but DARTs rep is damaged already, many people are afraid to get on those trains because the recent violence.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
          I got both you and Osiris beat. About 8-9 years ago too, I was heading WB on 635 in the HOV and got busted by a motorcycle cop (right before the 35 split) so same area as you, Silverback. Well, there was a very short distance widened shoulder where you could pull over quickly and stop to the left of the HOV lane. Well, the motorcycle cop hauled ass up behind me and I see the very short shoulder area and I pull over and SLAM on my brakes. The motorcycle cop pulled behind me, but had to swerve back out into the HOV lane to keep from hitting me. He ended up stopping beside my passenger window and he walked the motorcycle back behind my car and got off and walked up to my window.

He was a big (overweight) black guy and HE WAS PISSED. He started yelling at me about how he has a wife and kids and why I would do that, blah, blah, blah. I told him, the shoulder was very short and I pulled over and stopped as quickly as possible and I was "very, very sorry." Suffice to say, I got the ticket (I think it was $150-175 at the time).
          Just in case
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
            That's a good start... but DARTs rep is damaged already, many people are afraid to get on those trains because the recent violence.

mardyn
            That I agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              I got both you and Osiris beat. About 8-9 years ago too, I was heading WB on 635 in the HOV and got busted by a motorcycle cop (right before the 35 split) so same area as you, Silverback. Well, there was a very short distance widened shoulder where you could pull over quickly and stop to the left of the HOV lane. Well, the motorcycle cop hauled ass up behind me and I see the very short shoulder area and I pull over and SLAM on my brakes. The motorcycle cop pulled behind me, but had to swerve back out into the HOV lane to keep from hitting me. He ended up stopping beside my passenger window and he walked the motorcycle back behind my car and got off and walked up to my window.

He was a big (overweight) black guy and HE WAS PISSED. He started yelling at me about how he has a wife and kids and why I would do that, blah, blah, blah. I told him, the shoulder was very short and I pulled over and stopped as quickly as possible and I was "very, very sorry." Suffice to say, I got the ticket (I think it was $150-175 at the time).
              I have seen that big fat dude many times. He is committing suicide with cheeseburgers.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I have seen that big fat dude many times. He is committing suicide with cheeseburgers.
                That he is. It's sad.

Comment

The news said the other day that the fine in the HOV lane is $400 bucks.

Fuckin really????? FOUR HUNDRED DAMNED DOLLARS?
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

You asshole. Why the fuck would you do that?
                    Do you want me to draw a picture? There was literally about a 100 feet of braking zone on the inside left shoulder before the shoulder disappeared. He was reds and blues behind me with all main lanes totally jammed with traffic. So, I pulled over left and stopped fast before the inside left shoulder disappeared. It's not my fault he didn't anticipate me pulling over quickly.

I was driving a Pontiac Vibe GT. If he couldn't outbrake a Vibe GT with his motorcycle, he was following too closely and that's not my problem. Once I explained the situation to him and told him I didn't brake hard intentionally, but only to stop before the inside shoulder disappeared, he calmed down and wrote the ticket.

Back to regularly scheduled Friday programming...
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      The news said the other day that the fine in the HOV lane is $400 bucks.

Fuckin really????? FOUR HUNDRED DAMNED DOLLARS?
                      on 75, it's too much of a pain in the ass to use, anyway...you have to damn near drive to oklahoma to get off of the damn thing!

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                        on 75, it's too much of a pain in the ass to use, anyway...you have to damn near drive to oklahoma to get off of the damn thing!
                        Exactly. Let's take a lane that would be a 33% increase in throughput, and make stupid rules that allow 3% of vehicles to use it. The HOV system is a sham. Dallas is too spread out for that shit to work, oh and fuck the tollway system too, that also increases traffic on the public roads.

Comment

Working...
                        X