AT&T Data Throttling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
    I've yet to see/hear of any throttling with Sprint.
    that's because nobody was with sprint(cause they suck)! now all the people who left ATT and others are going to sprint cause of the 'no throttling'. wait a few months and bam, you will get a message saying you are about to be throttled!!!1

haha, just kidding

but seriously, ALL cell providers will eventually throttle or charge heavy users more. if it's that important to you to need(people act like they really NEED fast data speeds) 10g a month data... then fucking pay for it!

Comment

Should you choose to take #attfail to small claims court

By popular demand, MacTech provides a primer on taking AT&T to small claims court provided by attorney Bradley Sniderman.

Recently a plaintiff in Los Angeles CA won a $850 settlement and per AT&T’s EULA, class action lawsuits are not possible so this might be your only means of exacting revenge on your limited unlimited plans.

Excerpted:
      1) Where to file — most lawsuits, even those from small claims, need to be filed in the jurisdiction where the defendant can be found. In this case (and let’s use AT&T), AT&T may have corporate offices in only a few locations, but since they are a nationwide phone company, they are usually subject to jurisdiction anywhere. What this means is that you can file your small claims suit in the courthouse most convenient to you.
      2) Make sure you have a copy of your contract, and please review the entire agreement. It may be a slow read, but you need to know the terms of it. You may be able to use these terms to show that AT&T does not have the right to slow your data speed.
      3) You need to be able to show that you have an unlimited data plan, which means you are entitled to unlimited data. You need to also show proof that AT&T had limited your data streaming. You next have to argue that AT&T has no right to charge you a fee for unlimited data, and then not supply it. It is not your fault that AT&T can’t keep up with demand for data. If you can even show that you are using less data that some of the fixed rate plans, such as the 3 gigabyte plans, that is even better (fixed plans using more data than you use, but they are not being throttled back). Make sure you have been paying your bill on time and that you are not late, since that could be used against you.
      4) Make sure you have an amount for damages. You need to show how you were damaged by not having data streaming. This could be by showing lost business opportunities or showing how much you have paid for the service you never got.
      5) Be polite, and make sure you are prepared. The court will listen to you, but if you don’t know what you are talking about, then your argument gets lost.

Read the whole thing here if you are planning to do this. Perhaps if enough people take AT&T to court, they will raise, and/or perhaps publish, their throttling speeds to something usable.

Comment

For all you folks complaining about AT&T capping your download speeds, it appears it's only going to get worse. The federal government so far has not made any progress toward getting additional spectrum available, forcing carriers to make do with...

Comment

I called and chewed these fuckers out!! Turns out that they are doing some "upgrading" to one of the dfw towers and I will be without internet on my phone from 2-24 until 2-29.. I thought that they were throttling me so I switched to a 3gb plan as I have never even gotten close to 2gb 1.4 was my max! and still have no fucking internet on my phone. they gave me a $50 credit towards my bill. Fucking bastards piss me off!! Really wish i diddent just sign a new 2 yr so i could get the piece of shit phone that the sales guy told me was the best available. turns out its a huge piece of shit!

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
            ATT users have been saying this since the throttling began. I've yet to see/hear of any throttling with Sprint.
            I don't know when the throttling first began, but I don't think it's been very long. Trust me, every other carrier will follow suit. They don't have a choice. It's just a matter of time.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Blackpony, what phone did you get?

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

I got the htc vivid.

Comment

I was gonna get that, until I saw what a flop the development was for it. Beyond that, I've seen some really shaky things w/ the hardware lately.

If you're still w/in the 30 day buyers remorse, eat the $35 restocking fee, drop the contract and go elsewhere.

Comment

LOLz, I just switched from ATT to Sprint. My best 4G connection was barely faster than my pre-throttling 3G on ATT. It's either back to ATT or try out T-Mobile.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Hrmmm, it's better than the previous ambiguity.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Working...
                      X