AT&T Data Throttling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Data Throttling

Didnt see anything posted yet on it.... but I got the text message last month saying I was in the top 5% of users and that if this month it continued, they would be throttling my data. To me it sounds like a bunch of of crap and aggravates me that my unlimited plan is useless now. I don't use my iPhone to tether or anything yet Im going to get my data cut 99%, making the phone useless. They said the phone at 99% reduction, would take 2 minutes per webpage, be able to only send text messages and video streaming would not be possible. Basically, Iphone is worthless.

According to ATT, they start throttling at 1.5 GB used, however for the same money on the non unlimited I could get 3GB. WTF is that?

I saw recently that a guy sued ATT in small claims court over this issue and won. Anyone else in this situation too with ATT? Id really consider suing as well.

old news, same old ATT BS
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. There are tons of threads over this already.
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

fuck at&t

Comment

How do you check how much data you've used?

Comment

Originally posted by acid View Post
            how do you check how much data you've used?

*3282#
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Really really wish I Diddent just resign a new contract to get a new phone. I would definately be going with someone else. I'm only at 1.3 gb with today being the last on my billing cycle, and I have gone from 24-25 download to 3 download!!! All in one shot! Fucking hate this bs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                Really really wish I Diddent just resign a new contract to get a new phone. I would definately be going with someone else. I'm only at 1.3 gb with today being the last on my billing cycle, and I have gone from 24-25 download to 3 download!!! All in one shot! Fucking hate this bs!!
                yup. too bad virgin mobile has horrid coverage out here or I'd use them....time to move to denton

sigpic

Comment

If y'all think the rest of the providers aren't about to do the same, you're a moron.

It does suck though.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

they may do it after a bit, but as of now...no

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      they may do it after a bit, but as of now...no
                      Right, so switch providers and sign a 2 ye contract, only for it to change in +/- 6 months.

You're a moron regardless of your completely useless opinion on this subject.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        If y'all think the rest of the providers aren't about to do the same, you're a moron.

It does suck though.
                        If Sprint does it as you say they will eventually...I won't be happy about it...but I'm paying $29.99 a month with unlimited data at full speed, unlimited texting, and free mobile to mobile....and on a 1yr contract. If I was paying 80-100 bucks a month I would be fucking livid.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          If Sprint does it as you say they will eventually...I won't be happy about it...but I'm paying $29.99 a month with unlimited data at full speed, unlimited texting, and free mobile to mobile....and on a 1yr contract. If I was paying 80-100 bucks a month I would be fucking livid.
                          The internets is all up in a tizzy after running with a story from Dow Jones that misquoted Sprint CEO Dan Hesse while speaking at an investors meeting as saying — contrary to what is advertised in Sprint’s latest ad spots — they actually do throttle their customers who use too much data. Sprint has spent much of its time advertising “Truly Unlimited” data on their network, going as far as to point out the competition’s practices of throttling and charging for overages. But you can put your pitchforks down, as it turns out Dow Jones left out a very […]

Comment

I heard that AT&T's bandwidth demand almost doubles each year. All the carriers as well as network administrators have been overwhelmed with bandwidth needs due to smartphones and tablets. Symmetrical bandwidth costs big money even if it is your own fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
                              I heard that AT&T's bandwidth demand almost doubles each year. All the carriers as well as network administrators have been overwhelmed with bandwidth needs due to smartphones and tablets. Symmetrical bandwidth costs big money even if it is your own fiber.
                              Piss poor planning on their part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X