Great Texas Warrant Roundup Begins Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Texas Warrant Roundup Begins Saturday

NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Today is a good day to think back and try to remember if you have an unpaid traffic ticket, because tomorrow is the sixth annual Texas warrant roundup.

The roundup means a lot of people could be in for a rude awakening Saturday morning, as Dallas City Marshals begin making arrests at homes and businesses.

Marshals from across the state will begin rapping on doors at 6:00 a.m.

While the roundup targets Class “C” Misdemeanors, most of the offenders have unpaid traffic tickets.

“A lot of them affirmatively just blew it off and now have forgotten that they blew it off or they got the ticket, put it in the drawer,” Dallas attorney Brad Friedman explained, “a lot of the cities give you 21 days to respond to the ticket, and they just failed to do so and forgot about it.”

Dehlalia Hererra is the office manager for the Meyer and Friedman Law Firm and gets a lot of calls this time of year.

“I’ve had someone come in with like 25 warrants,” she recalled. “Lots of tickets that they’ve just gathered up… just haven’t taken care of. Now, with the warrant roundup, they’re scared that they’re gonna show up to their place of employment.”

In addition to possible arrest and jail time, anyone with a warrant in the City of Dallas is also subject to a hold being placed on the renewal of their vehicle registration.

FTPFTPFTPFTPFTPFTPFTPFTPFTPftp
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Also known as the "Dallas needs money" scare. They couldn't pick up 10% of the people with outstanding warrants in Dallas even if they called out the national guard. Much less everyone. I think last I heard something like 600,000 people had warrants outstanding for traffic. It is amazing. A lot of the time the Dallas PD won't even take someone to jail that has a traffic warrant, it was like that ten years ago at the street races, I have seen it a few times myself:

"Mr. XYZ, do you know you have a traffic warrant out? You need to go take care of that...."

I suppose the scare tactic works though, as they keep doing it.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I've wonder if the increased presence of Texas DPS and Dallas Sheriffs officers on 161 have anything to do with this. I've never seen any sheriffs officers on 161. Twice this week I've seen 4+ DPS officers working both the north and south bound lanes of 161.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Also known as the "Dallas needs money" scare. They couldn't pick up 10% of the people with outstanding warrants in Dallas even if they called out the national guard. Much less everyone. I think last I heard something like 600,000 people had warrants outstanding for traffic. It is amazing. A lot of the time the Dallas PD won't even take someone to jail that has a traffic warrant, it was like that ten years ago at the street races, I have seen it a few times myself:

"Mr. XYZ, do you know you have a traffic warrant out? You need to go take care of that...."

They will wait till everyone has warrants the use it as a reason to violate our rights more!

You can't search my house without a warrant! Oh yeah? It shows here you have warrants for traffic fines, we'll just take you in for that, unless we can just go ahead and search your home right now . BAM GESTAPO'D!!!! LOL
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Yeah and doubt our prison systems have any room for those hardened criminals.

Don't get me wrong, I've paid my tickets and such in the past. However, since our prisoners are treated so well we only have so much room for them.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Got one of those notices at the house here for one of the previous tennants. Guess we'll see if anyone shows up tomorrow to collect.
              --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                Got one of those notices at the house here for one of the previous tennants. Guess we'll see if anyone shows up tomorrow to collect.
                Politely show them a gun and rudely tell them to get the fuck off of your property if they do. Just to see what happens.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                  Don't answer the door holding a baby you could be shot!!!!!!
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I've wonder if the increased presence of Texas DPS and Dallas Sheriffs officers on 161 have anything to do with this. I've never seen any sheriffs officers on 161. Twice this week I've seen 4+ DPS officers working both the north and south bound lanes of 161.
                    march 1 we take over most northern dallas county freeways is why. we being dallas so.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                      They will wait till everyone has warrants the use it as a reason to violate our rights more!

You can't search my house without a warrant! Oh yeah? It shows here you have warrants for traffic fines, we'll just take you in for that, unless we can just go ahead and search your home right now . BAM GESTAPO'D!!!! LOL
                      No you fool, an arrest warrant is NOT a search warrant. Two completely different things here.
                      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        No you fool, an arrest warrant is NOT a search warrant. Two completely different things here.
                        I understand that, in my scenario the cops say "oh well you have a warrant for traffic tickets, we'll just take you to jail for those... unless we can just search you house right now without a search warrant". Then next thing you know BAM GESTAPO'D!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                          march 1 we take over most northern dallas county freeways is why. we being dallas so.
                          Just from the route I driver to work, I know Farmers Branch PD oves to cover 635 to MacArthur, and Irving PD covers 161 from 635 down to 183. Are you guys told specific highways or areas of highways to patrol or will you all just be patrolling on top of each other?
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                            I understand that, in my scenario the cops say "oh well you have a warrant for traffic tickets, we'll just take you to jail for those... unless we can just search you house right now without a search warrant". Then next thing you know BAM GESTAPO'D!!!!!
                            Not going to happen.
                            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                              Not going to happen.
                              Of course you say that, you're the cops man!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM GESTAPO'D!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X