Tax Halp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Halp

I'm in the process of doing them now and have a question concerning IRAs. They are asking me if I've made a contribution to an IRA this year or not, which is a bit of a two-sided answer.

On one hand, yes I did as I rolled funds over from an old 401(k), but on the other hand, I didn't contribute anything because I've got a 401k account setup with my current employer. Any help on how to answer that would be awesome.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Rollover doesn't count as a contribution.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Sorry, busy delivering pizzas, no time to study to be a CPA.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Kinda what I thought. Thanks dude.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

You might get a statement showing that rollover as income, I just write "rolled over" on it and send it in with the rest of my crap.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
            X