No announcement yet.

Damn kids took out my mail box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merely a suggestion. As I said, I have never done nor advocate doing it. ATF would be bored here.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Gets some landscaping boulders and place them on either side of the mailbox(if space allows). then if someone tries to run it over they'll still be there when you get home.

Comment

our gate to our driveway has two 10" dia Sch80 pipes driven 6ft in the ground and filled with concrete. I've been thinking about having my buddy who is a rig welder come and weld up a stand/box to come off of one of those posts to house our mailbox. Our current setup is flimsy at best
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Simple solution... 4"x4" plastic tube for post, set in ground, fill with concrete. Large mailbox big enough to put smaller mailbox inside it. Place smaller mailbox inside larger mailbox, fill surrounding area with concrete. Next time it looks like someone hit it, check out the local hosipitals for someone with broken arms.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
            Simple solution... 4"x4" plastic tube for post, set in ground, fill with concrete. Large mailbox big enough to put smaller mailbox inside it. Place smaller mailbox inside larger mailbox, fill surrounding area with concrete. Next time it looks like someone hit it, check out the local hospitals for someone with broken arms.
            Neighbor has one like that, works well.

Mine has a 4" post to the side of it, a little closer to the road than the actual box. It's untouched as well. I've noticed others down the road get hit with regularity but ours remain unscathed.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

i didn't think kids still did this shit. i have a idea to make a box that could withstand a head on with a truck and come out without a dent. just need to buy the materials.

Comment

Seb stop running off the kids when you work on your car. Let them watch and had you some tools. You have to make friends at some point in your life. lol
                04 GT
                91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  I might have to borrow that idea. Not sure I can get it 5 feet deep. But im sure I can get it at least 3 feet with the post hole diggers
                  If it is your place in Rockwall I have a gas powered auger I could run by and we can get a good 3 feet EAST, maybe 4.....

Comment

I also have some SOLID 1/4"x2" angle we could weld up

Comment

Chopped for sure man. PM me your number, Changed phones from 4 years ago LOL!!!! Southern Junction BABY
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                      X