Cable & Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I don't download movies or anything, but for a while, I had the fastest package offered through AT&T DSL, and now I have the most basic. I cannot tell a difference at all. My internet is still as fast as I could ever need it to be. Is downloading movies the only advantage to having a faster connection? I like my Bluray discs, so I guess I'm all set.

I had one of the mid packages or whatever with At&t DSL. That shit was slow if you were downloading movies.

I'd play online with my ps3 and my girl would try to browse the internet/netflix on the laptop and my internet connection would lag when i was playing a game.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

$200 a/month
      fios

Comment

For those of you with Dish Network, how does your service fare during storms and the like? My folks have had Dish for over 10 years (basic package, no DVR, no internet) and have fairly dated hardware (the dish itself) and whenever there is a strong storm or heavy driving rain and solid cloud cover, it almost always fucks up. Is this something that Dish has been able to alleviate through better hardware, or do ya'll have the same issues?
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

TW had a special a month or two back that was cable, internet, and phone for $89.99. I got the package without the phone line and my bill has not been higher than $95.
          2015 DIB 6-Speed Mustang GT - 413rwhp 389 rwtq (CAI & Tune only)

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
            For those of you with Dish Network, how does your service fare during storms and the like? My folks have had Dish for over 10 years (basic package, no DVR, no internet) and have fairly dated hardware (the dish itself) and whenever there is a strong storm or heavy driving rain and solid cloud cover, it almost always fucks up. Is this something that Dish has been able to alleviate through better hardware, or do ya'll have the same issues?
            I have a Dish out in the country, One address in Scurry & one in Royse City! Both places the dish works most of the time when it rains. But if there is a heavy storm the cable does go out. But not longer then 10 or 15 mins & its very rare
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

im paying $101 for 2nd from best package for directv.....but thinking of getting a low package and addin some internet
              Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

What!? Nobody getting free cable these days? Not to long ago( maybe 10 years) I always heard about everybody getting it free. Maybe the switch from analog has something to do with that?

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                  It's a result of the install more than anything. If the dish is bolted down securely and aimed correctly with a good line of sight, it should rarely ever go out. It takes a really crazy storm to mess with mine. It goes out maybe 1-2 times a year for less than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
                    What!? Nobody getting free cable these days? Not to long ago( maybe 10 years) I always heard about everybody getting it free. Maybe the switch from analog has something to do with that?
                    I miss my Viewsat box LOL. Those were the days. Free tv & ppv.
                    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                    Your opinion is what sucks.
                    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I pay about 190$ I have the fastest internet and most of the channels...

I'm really thinking about going OTA HD and just keep the fast internet. Hulu+ and netflix for sub in.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                        I pay about 190$ I have the fastest internet and most of the channels...

I'm really thinking about going OTA HD and just keep the fast internet. Hulu+ and netflix for sub in.
                        That's exactly what i do and it's well worth it. Just get a ruka box ($79) for HD streaming...or similar device. The OTA HD looks better than my TWC for whatever reason, I'm guessing hardware.

There is also cinema now for newer shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          That's exactly what i do and it's well worth it. Just get a ruka box ($79) for HD streaming...or similar device. The OTA HD looks better than my TWC for whatever reason, I'm guessing hardware.

There is also cinema now for newer shit.
                          It's about filtering. The signal is filtered alot for dish and cable. OTA is a better quality HD for everyone.

Comment

145 for fios. Tv and internet and hbo.
                            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

$245/mo for fios. switching over to Direct TV Monday and saving $100/mo.

Comment

I'm also paying $140/mo with TWC for Cable and HSI. We've tried Netflix through my xBox and it was pretty worthless...nothing but shit I didn't care to watch.

What all do you get these days going over the air? Is it the same as it was 10 years ago...like Channels 4,5,8,11,13,21,27,33?

Comment

Working...
                                X