Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blogger cries "FTP", then crawfishes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogger cries "FTP", then crawfishes....

This story made me immediately thing of the FTP crowd here. Please watch the video, the Austin PD Chief makes some very valid points.

AUSTIN, Texas — Dash cam video contradicts an Austin blogger's claims that officers responding to a kidnapping call drew TASERs and roughly handcuffed him as he walked with his granddaughter.

On Feb. 10, police detained Scott Henson while responding to a call about a kidnapping involving a white man and a black girl at a youth complex, according to the Austin American-Statesman. The post on Henson's "Grits for Breakfast" blog, which garnered international attention, said a Travis County deputy questioned Henson's relationship with his granddaughter, who he was walking with. The deputy released them after questioning, and a short time later, APD officers approached.

"The officers got out with Tasers drawn demanding I raise my hands and step away from the child," he wrote. "I complied, and they roughly cuffed me, jerking my arms up behind me needlessly. Nine police cars plus the deputy constable all showing up to investigate the heinous crime of 'baby-sitting while white.'"

During a news conference Tuesday Police Chief Art Acevedo said officers responded appropriately, and video shows an officer calmly trying to ascertain if a kidnapping occurred. Henson refused to identify himself to the first responding officer, Acevedo said, which led to officers stopping him later.

In an email Friday, Henson asked police not to release the video.

Acevedo replied: "Scott, unfortunately we can't put the toothpaste back into the tube. You called us out on our response and I am in a position that I must show those interested that our officers not only reacted properly, but in an outstanding manner."

Henson watched the video last week and said his blog post had errors, but he still felt threatened by police.

awesome.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol. Awesome
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

That is pretty damned cool, though we do need to hear the granddaughters side of the story to be absolutely certain we have the correct read on this...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

the vicious blog should be against the lady who called in the kidnapping, not the police

and LOL @ the "errors"
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Haven't heard the whole story. Wharz video?

Comment

Art Acevedo is still an incompetent fuck, though. APD under his watch is going to end up like DPD.

Comment

What, no faith Bryan?

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                  Art Acevedo is still an incompetent fuck, though. APD under his watch is going to end up like DPD.
                  I don't think anything can match the incompetence of the DPD leadership.

Comment

Interesting that the tape wasn't lost. Why is it the tape is never lost when the police do the right thing?

Dude was a fucktard
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Interesting that the tape wasn't lost. Why is it the tape is never lost when the police do the right thing?

Dude was a fucktard
                      In fairness, it would be nice if the media covered more positive things. Not just in regards to the police either.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          In fairness, it would be nice if the media covered more positive things. Not just in regards to the police either.
                          Wouldn't be news then and there'd be no ratings
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Wouldn't be news then and there'd be no ratings
                            Yep. Americans are drawn to train wrecks, and the news would be boring if day in day out it was nothing but "XXX person was a good guy today by saving a cat/not violating rights/saving people from a burning car."

I may be an optimist, but aren't those things expected from the general populace, to be good people?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              I don't think anything can match the incompetence of the DPD leadership.
                              x2
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X