Cash Mob Group for Dallas, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Mob Group for Dallas, TX

Yesterday as I was doing my morning ritual (reading through the articles on CNN.com). I stumbled upon a video about the newest craze of “Cash Mobs”. At this point some of you are probably asking yourself what is a Cash Mob? Cash Mobs are “The general idea is to encourage people to go into small, local businesses and spend their money, en masse, to give the business owner a little bit of economic stimulus. We’d help businesses grow, we’d make people happy, we’d get stuff for ourselves, have a great time, and maybe we’d get a drink to celebrate afterward.” This description was quoted from Andrew Samtoy’s (CM Creator) website(http://cashmobs.wordpress.com/about-us/). I eagerly sent off an email to the folks over at CM thinking I would probably never hear back from them as they were probably very busy due to all the media attention. Not even 45mins later I get an email back from the creator himself Andrew Samtoy (extremely helpful and nice). I initially thought I would just lend a hand to whoever was running the Dallas, TX group. When he notified me they haven’t been able to find anyone to start the group, I was very surprised. I jumped at the opportunity to be a part of something that I felt like would really give back to the local community that has given me so much. It would be really nice to have some fellow Stangers be a part of this. Feel free to repost this on any other local forums, Facebook and Twitter as we need as many members as we can get.
    I have started a Facebook and Twitter account for the local Dallas group. Make sure to join for the latest updates and Cash Mob events. We are looking for local members and business recommendations for Dallas, Tx. Email questions and recommendations to cashmobdallastx@gmail.com.

Cash Mob Rules - http://cashmobs.wordpress.com/rules-2/

---Cash Mob Dallas, TX Contact Info---
    Twitter-
    @CashMobDallasTX

Email-
    cashmobdallastx@gmail.com
    Facebook Group-
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

What the Press has to say-
    CNN Video - http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#...-cash-mobs.cnn
    MSN - http://money.msn.com/saving-money-ti...b-53cd13c3d4ca
    NY Times - http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/...izing-locally/

The ones where you run in and just steal stuff are more my style.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
      The ones where you run in and just steal stuff are more my style.
      Just remember to keep it under $50 worth of shit and you'll be ok in Dallas.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        Just remember to keep it under $50 worth of shit and you'll be ok in Dallas.
        thats only if you're a minority. If you're white you're going to get the book thrown at you

Comment

ttt for the day group.

Comment

Any spots in Goodie Mob?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Any spots in Goodie Mob?
              Of course, you can have Cee-Lo old spot.

Comment

The new Cash Mob logo..

Created at no charge by Cas Design's Network. http://www.casdesignsnetworks.com/
                Last edited by blue5spd; 03-14-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Honestly if it's just a one occurrence event at a business. I do not see how this will benefit them. Now if it was an ongoing thing for some period of time maybe.

I can see a mob going in, and for some reason I am thinking of a convenience store situation, but they go in and buy everything in the store. You have one cashier who will likely be like WTF and totally overwhelmed. On top of that it will be an all day event to get all of you checked out, that is if the cashier doesn't say screw this and just walk out. lol

Comment

Lmao @ cashiers face when the whole mob goes into the store.
                    Street car.

Comment

It would be even better if the mob was black and dressed in gang colors then is super polite and pays for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                        Honestly if it's just a one occurrence event at a business. I do not see how this will benefit them. Now if it was an ongoing thing for some period of time maybe.

I can see a mob going in, and for some reason I am thinking of a convenience store situation, but they go in and buy everything in the store. You have one cashier who will likely be like WTF and totally overwhelmed. On top of that it will be an all day event to get all of you checked out, that is if the cashier doesn't say screw this and just walk out. lol
                        Through all the press that I have read and watched, I have not read about one business owner that had anything negative to say about the Cash Mob. If so, I would not associate with a cause that brought unwarranted hardships to a fellow small business owner. It is actually just the opposite of what you described, most business owners are clamoring at the idea of having a "Cash Mob" show up at their business. Here are just a few things that business owners that have been hit by the Cash Mob have to say. “Steve Presser, owner of Big Fun, said he was grateful his store was selected. In just an hour and 15 minutes, the store made $1,454.” "What was nice about last night for me was there were a lot of unfamiliar faces. These people have never been to my store. It makes people familiar with other areas of the city," Presser said. "It was nice for my wife and I to have a beer at La Cave du Vin for the after-party, and to be able to sit down and talk to some of these unfamiliar faces ... This is what it’s about. It brings the community together." Quoted from http://clevelandheights.patch.com/ar...#photo-9086887
                        “We’re trying to change people’s perceptions and spending habits,” Planek said. “If we can educate others on how valuable small businesses are – as both a resident and a taxpayer – we can continue to grow the vibrant business community. It makes sense for us to support the community.”Quoted from http://triblocal.com/oak-park-river-...ll-businesses/

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          It would be even better if the mob was black and dressed in gang colors then is super polite and pays for everything.
                          Everyone is welcome and I can assure you that I am super polite and always pay for everything. After, I would be more than happy to buy whoever comes out a a beer (or a soft drink if that is your thing) at the local watering hole.

Comment

Thank you fellow Stanger's that have signed up.

Comment

Save the date, March 24th @ 5:30pm. The CashMobDallasTX group will be holding its first CashMob to stimulate the local economy. We will be meeting at the Farmers Market in Grapevine and then walk down to the location which is close by. After we visit the CashMob location we will go down to Esparza's (124 East Worth street) and enjoy a frosty beverage. Spread the word and invite all your friends! Please email cashmobdallastx@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.The event shouldn't be longer than a hour out of your day. I will be buying the first round of drinks after the CM. The first meeting will be in Grapevine, TX off main street. It looks like a reporter will also be there for the first one.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X