Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP article du jour

This one is sure to go both ways:

Handcuffed woman is running, cops taser her (could have grabbed her easily), she falls and busts her head on the street, in front of the cruiser camera. Now she's a vegetable. Kinda like some of our peeps here.

I'm thinking he should have grabber her, especially when the policy (as related by the news just now) is that you can't taze handcuffed prisoners.

Can't find the dash cam footage.

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. -

The family of a woman who has been in a vegetative state after a state trooper stunned her with a Taser plans to sue the Florida Highway Patrol.

Surveillance video showed a Florida Highway Patrol trooper using a Taser on a 20-year-old woman who was handcuffed and running away from him in September in Pinellas Park.

The video shows the woman immediately falling to the pavement after being stunned.
    The woman suffered brain damage and has been in a vegetative state ever since.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement determined the trooper's use of the Taser was justified.

The woman's family has hired an attorney and plans to sue the FHP>

www.allforoneroofing.com

I'm seeing a payout in their future and administrative leave for the cop who didn't want to chase her
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

i dont really care about this. people not taking responsibilty for their actions is the reason we are as we are now in this country. you messed up, and were corrected. no one made you make that choice. now deal with it.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?
        Her family shouldn't get shit.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think they should collect either, more so as she was high on coke and pills when it happened.

Bet they get paid though...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

If their policy is that you can't taser someone in cuffs then he should be fired. Otherwise she is the one who fucked up. Although the family is going to get money for this.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It's sad, but justified. As usual, those stubborn facts get left out of the story. She was involved in 2 hit and run accidents while driving without DL. She also got loose from the holding station by working the cuffs around to the front of her body and made a desperate attempt to flee. She broke the law repeatedly > tried to flee while in custody > got seriously injured in the process > Boom...cop's fault. Yep, makes sense to me.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Oh, dash cam footage.

Last edited by LS1Goat; 02-21-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Oh and "Lol, Florida."
                sigpic

Comment

ELVIS and Magnus pretty much nailed it on the head

people never wanna take responsibility for their actions and look for loopholes when they get caught fucking up. play stupid games win stupid prizes!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    i dont really care about this. people not taking responsibilty for their actions is the reason we are as we are now in this country. you messed up, and were corrected. no one made you make that choice. now deal with it.

god bless.
                    Yep.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    If their policy is that you can't taser someone in cuffs then he should be fired. Otherwise she is the one who fucked up. Although the family is going to get money for this.

I agree with most of this. She fucked up, so she has nobody but herself to blame. The Dept will settle quietly, family will get paid. I don't know that the guy should be fired, but he did break policy and deserves some disciplinary action.

I look at it this way. If he'd have chased her, chances are high she would have fallen on her face anyways. Running, while cuffed behind the back, is pretty fucking stupid. No way to catch yourself if you fall, your balance is off, hands aren't free to help maintain balance, etc. What a dumb ass crack whore.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Yep.

I agree with most of this. She fucked up, so she has nobody but herself to blame. The Dept will settle quietly, family will get paid. I don't know that the guy should be fired, but he did break policy and deserves some disciplinary action.

I look at it this way. If he'd have chased her, chances are high she would have fallen on her face anyways. Running, while cuffed behind the back, is pretty fucking stupid. No way to catch yourself if you fall, your balance is off, hands aren't free to help maintain balance, etc. What a dumb ass crack whore.
                      Her hands were cuffed behind her, but she had worked them to her front, so they were cuffed in front of her when she fell. What happened to her sucks, but it was her fault. Also, she didn't look too damaged to sit up after the taser let up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Her hands were cuffed behind her, but she had worked them to her front, so they were cuffed in front of her when she fell. What happened to her sucks, but it was her fault. Also, she didn't look too damaged to sit up after the taser let up.
                        Didn't watch the video, don't really need to. I feel no sympathy for her or her family, regardless.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

funny stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I don't know that the guy should be fired, but he did break policy and deserves some disciplinary action.
                            I think if he breaks the department policy and it results in someone's life being ruined that he should be fired. Of course he won't be, he'll be given some time off with pay and then everyone will talk about all the personal responsibility that she shouldered in the situation while completely ignoring the personal responsibility he had.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

She took a pretty hard thump on the back of her skull....I'd imagine the subsequent damage came a little later from an internal bleed and some pressure.

Either way....her actions are what lead to that outcome.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X