Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer Tags - Still charged on the toll roads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Tags - Still charged on the toll roads?

Just bought a new to me car. Curious if NTTA can track that back to the new owner and send a zip cash bill.

I bet they charge the dealer
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

They'll probably sit on the charge for 6 months till it gets to well over a thousand dollars then send it to whoever they want to and hope they pay it.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

never had an issue with it when i've bought new vehicles.

I don't think paper tags are registered, and if they are, then the dealer would pay for it. I've never been contacted by a dealer to pay the tolls associated with a paper tag.

Comment

Paper tags are indeed registered now..You'll get a bill, don't worry

Comment

Not sure, but this ^^^ is the most likely scenario. They will try to charge someone, and hope they pay it. I'd say risk it, fuck the NTTA.

Comment

From what my uncle tells me they don't bill. He's a dealer and drives his trucks thru with dealer tags and never gets anything nor had a customer ever say anything.

Comment

Drove my truck with dealer tags up and down toll roads in DFW for a whole weekend back in October and didn't get a bill of any kind.

Comment

Drove my car with paper plates all through april and may last year through Dallas North Tollway and SRT, and never got a bill.

Comment

the dealer gets charged while you have temp tags on IIRC.
                    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                      the dealer gets charged while you have temp tags on IIRC.
                      They do?

Comment

I doubt the dealer even gets charged, I don't think the cameras are good enough to see the dealers name.
                        Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                          I doubt the dealer even gets charged, I don't think the cameras are good enough to see the dealers name.
                          x2 this....
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            From what my uncle tells me they don't bill. He's a dealer and drives his trucks thru with dealer tags and never gets anything nor had a customer ever say anything.
                            This
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

The old ones used to have a date I believe. Now there is a number that may be able to be traced. Half the temp tags I see are not taped properly so they fold in half and can't be read anyway. And as mentioned earlier these bastards do sit on bills till they get racked up. My boss got 3 months at one time and was a little pissed.

Comment

Working...
                              X