No announcement yet.

Where to buy / find helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell I have a brand new never used still in the box zamp full face helmet flat black size is either large or extra large and it's rated SA05 I'll let go for 100$ if anyone's interested.

Comment

Sorry for the thread bump, but for those of you who don't know (myself included) here's an article about helmets. I'll include an important part about the differences between the Snell ratings.

Over the usable lifetime of a helmet, it will only really be needed for about 2 to 4 milliseconds, yet having the right equipment to protect your head is paramount to surviving those milliseconds. Therefore, it's important to know the differences between helmet ratings. In and around motorsports you'll often see three different alphanumeric designations for Snell ratings; SA, M, and K. The SA standard is designed for competitive auto racing, while the M standard is for motorcycling and other motorsports. The K standard accommodates helmets used in karting.

There are three major differences between them:

• The SA standard requires a flammability test while the M and K standards do not.
      • The SA and K standards allow for a narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA- and K-certified helmets may not be street legal).
      • The SA and K standards include a rollbar multi impact test while the M standard does not.

Without a doubt if you're climbing into any type of race car, you must have an SA-rated helmet. Refer back to Circle Track's Feb. '08 issue (page 56), when we set the M-rated helmet on fire, and you'll know why.
      Edit: Circle Track will not open in FF, I use IE to browse that site and smileysracing.com

Comment

i also have a helmet. its used DOT approved. but its a XL to fit my fat ass head. ill sell it cheap. i dont remember if its SA05 Rated but it was useed for autoX and they never gave me any shit.

Comment

Mike you can barrow mine if you need to.
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
          X