No announcement yet.

Border Collie/Aussie Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trim the hair on his paws so he doesn't track so much water/dirt, other than that, no cut
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My roommate used to use a Furminator brush on her BC... it cut down the shedding a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post
        My roommate used to use a Furminator brush on her BC... it cut down the shedding a ton.
        Someone else has recommended this to me as well. May have to look into it

Comment

if you don't have a furminator, you're doing it wrong.

dogs don't sweat. shaving them down exposes their skin to the hot sun. their coat insulates them from the heat. BUT, the key is to keep them VERY well combed out so that air/breeze can blow through and reach their skin
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            if you don't have a furminator, you're doing it wrong.

dogs don't sweat. shaving them down exposes their skin to the hot sun. their coat insulates them from the heat. BUT, the key is to keep them VERY well combed out so that air/breeze can blow through and reach their skin
            Your 100% right, I still shave mine. However, due to be lazy we just leave a couple of inches of hair instead of a ton of brushing. This also helps when we give him a bath or otherwise cool him off with a hose. w/o a pool, there is no way the cool water is getting on him with full length hair, just runs off.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

So maybe a "trim" and furminator is in store for the pup

Comment

Short haired border collie FTW!
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                X