Border Collie/Aussie Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Collie/Aussie Owners

Do you get your dogs hair cut? I personally like the longer hair but the stuff is all over the house no matter how much i brush him. I know it would make sense during the summer heat.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

My border collie is getting her once every 6 month shaving next week. Less hair all over the place, plus I can make fun of her for looking retarded for a month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      My border collie is getting her once every 6 month shaving next week. Less hair all over the place, plus I can make fun of her for looking retarded for a month or two.
      Where do you get it done at? The groomer and I at Petsmart talked about just cleaning him up and shortening it up a bit. I just gave him a bath and the retard is running circles around the kitchen after he didnt want it and was "herding" the water.

Comment

The BC and BC/Heeler mix at my house both get shorn whenever my room mate gets tired of cleaning up after them.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My Pitbull don't need haircuts.
          Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
            Where do you get it done at? The groomer and I at Petsmart talked about just cleaning him up and shortening it up a bit. I just gave him a bath and the retard is running circles around the kitchen after he didnt want it and was "herding" the water.

I get it done at her vet while she is getting her shots and check up. Saves me a lot of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
              My Pitbull don't need haircuts.
              i usually groom my moms pitt when she is gnawing on babies, it's when she is the most relaxed

Comment

I trim my BC every few months or so as his hair gets long (I do it myself using a combination of regular scissors and an old beard trimmer my stepfather had with a medium guard on it) I've tried taking him to the groomers and besides being expensive...my dog isn't real friendly to the dog groomers. You can forget about trying to prevent the hair from being all over the house....you can brush them all day long....every day......wash them, daily....it won't stop it. Keeping their hair REALLY short...might help a little bit...but then they can get sunburn easily. I've accepted the fact that I have to run the vacuum daily in parts of the house my BC is in regularly.

Comment

Dang dude! Animal cruelty and the "R" word in one sentence. That's dirty.

Comment

How much hair do you cut off? Maybe Mr. Maloonigans will get a summer haircut. Can't see doing it to him right now.

Comment

I bought some professional grade clippers and do our border collie myself.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                        How much hair do you cut off? Maybe Mr. Maloonigans will get a summer haircut. Can't see doing it to him right now.

It was 65 out today. I think he'll be able to make it through.

Comment

It was in the 40s sat morning while we played frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
                            It was in the 40s sat morning while we played frisbee.

Inside or outside dog?

Comment

Inside or outside dog?
                              more inside than out.

Comment

Working...
                              X