They finally got it right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They finally got it right

A federal judge has dismissed a second civil suit filed by the parents of a 15-year-old boy shot and killed by a Border Patrol agent in 2010.

Court documents show that Senior U.S. District Judge David Briones granted a request filed by the agent to dismiss the lawsuit against the agent, Jesus Mesa Jr. The suit alleged the agent violated the civil rights of Sergio Adrián Hernández Güereca.

On June 7, 2010, Mesa was patrolling on a bicycle when he came upon a group of boys, which included Güereca. The boys were running up a concrete drainage ditch and touching a chain-link fence on the U.S. side.

Mesa took one of them into custody and pulled out his firearm and shot Güereca twice when Mesa was pelted with rocks.

The incident was well publicized internationally after it was recorded on a cellphone and shown on television.

After the shooting, the boy's family said Güereca was a good student who stayed out of trouble. But U.S. officials said Güereca had a history of illegally crossing into the United States.

Güereca's parents initially filed a civil lawsuit against Mesa and the U.S. government last year, but Briones dismissed that suit, ruling there are no statutes that would apply in suing the U.S. government since Güereca was shot on the Mexican side of the border.

The second lawsuit was filed immediately after Briones dismissed the first suit. In the second suit, Güereca's parents alleged Mesa violated the boy's constitutional protections against deadly
    Advertisement
    and excessive force. However, Briones ruled Güereca isn't covered by those protections because he was a Mexican citizen and was in Mexico when the shooting took place.

Güereca's parents, Maria Guadalupe Güereca Betancourt and Jesus Hernández, hired Bob Hilliard from Hilliard Muñoz Gonzales LLP and Cristóbal Galindo of the Galindo Law Firm as their attorneys.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Interesting.

Comment

So he crossed the border illegally and got shot? Sounds like the the Border Patrol was doing it's job.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

So wait - the parents of the boy that was killed while trying to cross illegally were suing on the grounds that the boy's Constitutional Rights were violated?

Comment

Pretty much. The first lawsuit failed so they tried again with the constitutional rights issue.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

He's a Mexican citizen, he has no constitutional rights.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Job well done by the agent. Glad someone is protecting our borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Job well done by the agent. Glad someone is protecting our borders.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by lantirn View Post
                    so he crossed the border illegally and got shot? Sounds like the the border patrol was doing it's job.
                    this^
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

yeah wish all illegal immigrants(mexican and other nationalities) realized this and wish that the courts would rule "anchor babies" as unconstitutional.
                      sigpic

Comment

i dont know where the video is but i got to watch it and what happens is they boys run across ditch, migra shows up, snags one and the rest run back to the mexican side, you can clearly see it on the video. migra decides to pull out his gun and shoot said boy while he is on the mexican side.

the migras defense is that he was throwing rocks at him, which you can not see on video. no indication of that going on video but migra still shot him

Comment

^if that's true you will still have people on here saying the shooting was still justified

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                            ^if that's true you will still have people on here saying the shooting was still justified
                            true!

Comment

So it should be.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X