No announcement yet.

Chinese Ford Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia and Hyundai are making some pretty good quality products these days. It ain't 1996 any more. Last year Kia's sales were up 39% at nearly half a million cars by the end of November.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Kia and Hyundai are making some pretty good quality products these days. It ain't 1996 any more.
      I believe you have missed my point.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Kia and Hyundai are making some pretty good quality products these days. It ain't 1996 any more. Last year Kia's sales were up 39% at nearly half a million cars by the end of November.
        Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I believe you have missed my point.
        No, I believe he hasn't. They're making decent cars these days. Are they the same caliber as Ford, no. But all in all, they're decent cars at an affordable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          No, I believe he hasn't. They're making decent cars these days. Are they the same caliber as Ford, no. But all in all, they're decent cars at an affordable price.
          Lol, my point had absolutely nothing to do with cars. It was it point out that not every consumer gravitates to the cheapest good.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            There are a ton of Kias and Hyundais on the roads. Wal Mart's mere existence, not to mention pure dominance, blows your idealogy apart. Some people are willing to pay more for quality. They are in the minority though.
            If people took a second to realize that the more expensive American made product might last a bit longer, then they would see that it would be worth it to pay a little more. Our US manufacturers need to start an advertising campaign to push that idea and start making the ones that outsource feel like sellouts.

Comment

^not all or even most american products last longer or have better quality. don't believe me? look in a 'what kind of daily should i get' and on the first page over half the replies will be civic, accord or toyota. hell this is a ford mustang site and i dont ever recall people saying: "buy a focus!"

Comment

lol @ American products being better quality, especially when it comes to cars. You guys do realize that several foreign made vehicles are built right here in the US of A, and a lot of "American" vehicles and parts are made in Mexico, right? For fucks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  ^not all or even most american products last longer or have better quality. don't believe me? look in a 'what kind of daily should i get' and on the first page over half the replies will be civic, accord or toyota. hell this is a ford mustang site and i dont ever recall people saying: "buy a focus!"
                  Japan puts out great stuff, but their cost is high too. I was thinking about China, Tiawan, Korea, etc product in general when I made the post. I am tired of the Chinese shit that breaks after a year of use.

I must admit that I bought a 1995 Camry in 2002 at auction. It now has 335,000 with minimal maintenence and it still get 32 mpg on the highway. I have been happy with it. (Knock on wood).

Comment

I must disagree wholeheartedly with you on that one. I for one am always willing to pay more for a quality product, and obviously so are many American consumers. If price was the only thing that mattered, there would be alot more Kias and Hyundais on the road.
                    explore more of the world where the economy has tanked and there are TONS of them.....

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      explore more of the world where the economy has tanked and there are TONS of them.....
                      I have been to Both German and Japan in the last 6 months. Saw mostly BMWs and Mercedes in Germany, and mostly Toyotas and Hondas in Japan. Both countries have cheaper alternatives, but it seemed as if the people preferred their own quality domestic products. Sure, the economy isn't "tanking" as bad in these places as it is in others though.

Comment

I have been to Both German and Japan in the last 6 months. Saw mostly BMWs and Mercedes in Germany, and mostly Toyotas and Hondas in Japan. Both countries have cheaper alternatives, but it seemed as if the people preferred their own quality domestic products. Sure, the economy isn't "tanking" as bad in these places as it is in others though.
                        sorry, meant the USA...it's depressing how bad some areas are.

Comment

Kia makes decent quality vehicles. Lots of them that I know of that friends own take a beating from low automotive knowledge individuals and keep on ticking. They get treated like a fridge or toaster. Get in turn key and drive till soemthing breaks, and most of them have well over 100k miles on them now.

Hell a guy at work bought his wife a Kia Optima (2011 model) with the nifty dual sunroof thing, full leather interior ect. If you would have blindfolded me stripped off the interior badging and put me in the car then removed the blindfold I couldn't tell you I was sitting in a KIA. One of the nicest interiors I'd seen since sitting in a Lexus Is250 with all the bells and whistles.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Compared to the Mustangs I've owned, and the Jetta, my Genesis just feels so much better. Of course I haven't been in a '10+ yet, so I can't comment about those. The ford's that I've owned have been problematic in the short term, as was my Jetta overall. Of course, I'm talking pre '04 here.
                            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Just because it looks similar doesn't make it a clone. If that were true, why doesn't anyone say that about all the little crappy Asian makes that hardly have any distinct features? Its a close facsimile, but its far from being a clone.

Comment

Working...
                              X