Best Way to Advertise Your Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
    Radio. You'd be surprised at how inexpensive it can be.
    what are the going rates?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      LOL what are yall fishing for in that pic? grass bass?
      Cat...fish
      Photobucket

Comment

OK. So I spent the better part of the day setting up a account on Angie's List. Now before I start spending the big bucks, I'd like to know how this has worked for other contractors. Is it worth the extra 2/3 hundred bucks a month?

And Google Adword. I get alot of mixed comments on it.

AT&T has a pay per click that I too get mixed comments on.

What really works? Or better yet, where do you find your service providers?
        Photobucket

Comment

I just setup an ad on Facebook for our adoption efforts. I was really surprised at how targeted you can make an advertisement. Getting to the right people is exactly what businesses need..

For instance, with my facebook ad, I targeted females that are 15 to 24 and have liked pages like "MTV's 16 and Pregnant" or "University of North Texas". I also targeted those demographic within a 50 mile radius of Lewisville.

Comment

what are the going rates?
            They vary by channel owner. It depends on how long your ad is going to be, how frequent you want it run, and what time of the day you want it run. Most will not advertise their prices and you have to call in to see what will best fit your budget and goals. I do know that the last time I called for my company I could get a 20 second spot run 12 times in a 6 hour span for $25/week. You can also get your ads on that channel's brother/sister stations for a small upcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              I just setup an ad on Facebook for our adoption efforts. I was really surprised at how targeted you can make an advertisement. Getting to the right people is exactly what businesses need..

For instance, with my facebook ad, I targeted females that are 15 to 24 and have liked pages like "MTV's 16 and Pregnant" or "University of North Texas". I also targeted those demographic within a 50 mile radius of Lewisville.
              Im gonna look into this. Thanks for the heads up.
              Photobucket

Comment

Be sure you have somebody proofread whatever you do.
                Last edited by slow99; 12-11-2010, 09:10 PM.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Be sure you have somebody proofread read whatever you do.
                  I know brother. It haunts me every day. But I'll promise you this...You wont find a better painter in town. And I mean that.
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

15? lol interesting/disturbing/Whiskey,Tango,Foxtrot?
                    Last edited by fordracer2; 12-12-2010, 01:29 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Who all here uses Angie's List?
                      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by fordracer2 View Post
                        15? lol interesting/disturbing/Whiskey,Tango,Foxtrot?
                        You obviously don't know his situation or you would know what he is referring to.

'mornin' fellas, So last night I created our first ad on facebook for our adoption page. Those of you that have "liked" our facebook page will most likely not see it because we specifically excluded you from the targeted ad. It was kinda cool that we can target the ad to a specific geographic point like a 50

Comment

Son of a...I missed up setting up the Facebook and made it a personal instead of a business account. Now I cant change it, or the business e-mail. Tried deleating it and adding the business, but it still says that the business e-mail is already activated.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                            Who all here uses Angie's List?
                            i do- I sort all the businesses based on customer reviews and pick from the highest rated 3-4.

Comment

i do- I sort all the businesses based on customer reviews and pick from the highest rated 3-4.
                              Already had a review there in 08. Had no ideal.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Don't you have kids that know how to use the internet, you might want to let them do the internet work, its obvious you can't spell and its now apparent to us all that you can't read or follow simple internet instructions. If third graders can figure out, you might want to re-think your strategy on advertising on the internet.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X