No announcement yet.

Boom! Headshot! Sorry about the baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom! Headshot! Sorry about the baby...

Wow! A cop shot grandpa in the head while he was holding his seven month old grand baby. Then they found guns INSIDE his house! No weapons on him, and the cop that did it has been involved in seven shootings in ten years, six of which were fatal. His co workers describe him as a "good cop". Think they meant "good shot"...

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (KPNX) -- An Arizona man was shot to death by police Tuesday while holding his grandson.

Police say 50-year-old John Loxas was holding his grandchild in his arms as he walked around his Scottsdale neighborhood Tuesday night threatening neighbors and police.

"There were at least three officers in position to engage the suspect. At least one of the officers thought he saw something in the suspect's hands," said Sgt. Mark Clark.

Loxas was standing outside of his home with his grandchild still in his arms when Officer James Peters fired one shot to the head, killing the suspect.

Police say the 9-month-old boy was not injured during the shooting.

Officers also escaped unharmed.

Some neighbors are now questioning the officers actions.

www.allforoneroofing.com

I read it somewhere else earlier, and they said the neighbor that called it in reported him as pointing a gun at them, and that he "cocked it" - so he was responding to a call of a man holding a weapon and a baby - not just a baby.

Comment

My buddy lives in the neighborhood it happened in, they had the street blocked off and had to walk a few blocks to get home.

Comment

Threaten a cop with deadly force what do you expect. Hell if cops shot more people there would be a lot less jackassary going around......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
          threaten a cop with deadly force what do you expect. Hell if cops shot more people there would be a lot less jackassary going around......lol
          1/10
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The article says he didn't have any weapons?
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
              The article says he didn't have any weapons?
              Don't stop him, he's on a roll
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by PandaBear View Post
                My buddy lives in the neighborhood it happened in, they had the street blocked off and had to walk a few blocks to get home.
                Cool story.

Comment

if a cop "thinks" he saw a weapon, does he have the right to kill that person ?
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

It takes a special kind of man to shoot at someone holding a baby. Although I am sure there will be someone along to defend this guy soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Don't stop him, he's on a roll
                      I had never really noticed that guy before now. You have a point.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Here is more of the story.

I am not sure what I would have done in the situation. He threatened multiple neighbors with a gun just moments before (meaning the 9 month old was in his care at the time) Did he make comments about the baby while he was in a standoff with the police? Don't know. The fact is he was going back into his house. One would assume they gave him orders and he decided to go back inside to do what? Who knows. But if he went back in and killed the baby then what? Everyone would blame the police for not stopping him. If they gave him orders and he decided to not obey them after threatening neighbors with a gun, one would assume he isn't going back inside to turn the tv on and watch Jerry Springer.

Comment

Btw I am not defending the actions at all because I don't know all of the story. Just putting some thoughts out there. Glad the baby is ok.

Comment

just a bad situation all around but I would think shooting anyone holding a baby would put the baby in harms way.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                              just a bad situation all around but I would think shooting anyone holding a baby would put the baby in harms way.
                              I agree. Maybe he is trigger happy. Maybe it was something the guy said that made the officer think he was going to harm the kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X