No announcement yet.

Career question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done some job skipping, and i'm 28. my first "real money" job wasnt until i turned 23 when i worked at a motorcycle dealership. did that 2 years. then the economy went to shit, and i went and worked at a oil change place for almost 2 years, and then started driving 18 wheelers, did that 2 years and now i'm in the oil field. I'm hoping to stick around with this company, my dad's been here 28 years and i'm hoping that I've finally found somewhere where i can rack up that kind of time with the company.
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      Nope. We're open for Presidents day. We are about the only bank that is though.

And no, you don't need a degree, but you would have to put time in as a Personal Banker so you know what and how to manage them effectively. That is the general rule, but there are exceptions.
      You did/doing your degree concurrently?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Loyalty and dedication doesnt mean shit for any business owner, regardless of size.

You are an expense, and the more work you can do for the lowest pay is all the owner/management cares about. If they give a raise of 10%, they want to see a 15% increase in productivity.

They dont care if you can't afford a new car, vacation or are just wanting to have a better life. They dont want to see their profits go down for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          Loyalty and dedication doesnt mean shit for any business owner, regardless of size.

You are an expense, and the more work you can do for the lowest pay is all the owner/management cares about. If they give a raise of 10%, they want to see a 15% increase in productivity.

They dont care if you can't afford a new car, vacation or are just wanting to have a better life. They dont want to see their profits go down for no reason.
          motherfucking truth. someone give this man a fucking beer!!
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            You did/doing your degree concurrently?
            Doing, although a lot slower than I would like.

Comment

Doing, although a lot slower than I would like.

What's your major?

Comment

Back in November I left a secure job with a decent company to play corporate roulette. I had a secure job but there was no chance for promotion or any substantial pay increase so I jumped ship and got a corporate job working for Xerox Services formerly ACS. I am now in a position to where this will look great on my resume and there is advancement potential here. It took a little to get out of the comfort zone of being in the same company for 6 years but it has been worth it.

Comment

Nope. We're open for Presidents day. We are about the only bank that is though.

And no, you don't need a degree, but you would have to put time in as a Personal Banker so you know what and how to manage them effectively. That is the general rule, but there are exceptions.
                  Hmmm, interesting. I've thought about doing something like this in 5 or 6 yearrs when I'm ready to wind down a little. That or be a professor.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    What's your major?
                    Business Admin.

About the only movement I've had over the last couple years though is electives....

I hate school.

Comment

Business Admin.

About the only movement I've had over the last couple years though is electives....

I hate school.

I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Hmmm, interesting. I've thought about doing something like this in 5 or 6 yearrs when I'm ready to wind down a little. That or be a professor.
                        I like my job a lot. I get to spend my day having meaningful conversations with all types of people, from students, to business owners, to millionaires. Not many places where you can say that.

Very few professions I'd rather be in.(Astronaut, stunt cock, etc)
                        Last edited by sc281; 02-17-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X