Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Cuban saves St. Patties Day Parade

Gotta love the Cube!!!

DALLAS -- There will be hundreds of green beers raised in Mark Cuban’s honor on Greenville Avenue this year.

Cuban saved the annual Greenville Avenue St. Patrick’s Day Parade, responding to an email informing him that the event was in jeopardy by pledging to cover the costs. He has cut a check of $40,000 to the Greenville Avenue Area Business Association to save the parade.

“I figured if I had lost enough brain cells there, everybody else should get that opportunity, too,” Cuban joked before Wednesday night’s Mavericks-Nuggets game, adding that he’d “passed out in many a bush” on Greenville during his wild days before becoming the Mavs’ owner.

The parade will promote FilesAnywhere.com, one of Cuban’s companies, but he said it technically isn’t a sponsorship deal. He just didn’t want to see a tradition that dates to 1979 die.

The Dallas Observer reported that the plug would have been pulled on the parade if the money wasn’t raised by Friday.
    .223 > 911

solid. cuban is a-ok

Comment

Coolest douchebag around, that guy.

Comment

While it's a nice gesture by Mr. Cuban, him writing a check for $40g's is like me writing a check for $4.00.

Cool that he saved it from having the plug pulled though.

Comment

Heard about that. Pretty cool for sure!
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
            While it's a nice gesture by Mr. Cuban, him writing a check for $40g's is like me writing a check for $4.00.

While that's true....where the fuck was Jerry Jones? Would've been like writing a check for $0.40 for him. Cube cares.

Cuban also said that if they ever need money for the parade again, just let him know.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              While that's true....where the fuck was Jerry Jones? Would've been like writing a check for $0.40 for him. Cube cares.

Cuban also said that if they ever need money for the parade again, just let him know.
              Mark Cuban's net worth is greater than JJ's.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post

True, but he didn't have to do anything. Cool that he cares about DFW enough to do stuff like this.
                .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                  True, but he didn't have to do anything. Cool that he cares about DFW enough to do stuff like this.
                  Exactly. $40k is still $40k.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Cool move the Cube. Went to the Mav's game tonight, btw.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

105.3 the fan had a part in this.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                        105.3 the fan had a part in this.
                        Yup. They auctioned their entire library of Russ Martin and Pugs & Kelly material and were able to contribute $23.75 to the bill.

Go cube, a classy one percenter.

Comment

Cuban is kick ass in my book.

Comment

That is badass. I like his style.

Comment

Tax write-off.

Comment

Working...
                              X