Question for the Vette guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Vette guys

I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Any there later model z06 years to avoid? I recall seeing long ago that the '08 models were improved over the 06-07s (suspension tweaks, etc). Any significant differences/issues between the 08+ models? What are zr1s actually going for in the market (I can see the listings, curious to know what $ they're actually fetching) ? Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Any there later model z06 years to avoid? I recall seeing long ago that the '08 models were improved over the 06-07s (suspension tweaks, etc). Any significant differences/issues between the 08+ models? What are zr1s actually going for in the market (I can see the listings, curious to know what $ they're actually fetching) ? Thanks in advance.
    I remember that the 08 had a new trans...ive heard of issues with the 06s...I think it was something to do with the valve train...I think they changed the dry sump system in 09. I'm obviously not much help! Lol. There are tons of threads with lots of info on corvetteforum, in the z06 forums. You're already a member there, right?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      I remember that the 08 had a new trans...ive heard of issues with the 06s...I think it was something to do with the valve train...I think they changed the dry sump system in 09. I'm obviously not much help! Lol. There are tons of threads with lots of info on corvetteforum, in the z06 forums. You're already a member there, right?
      Yes, I'm on both. Haven't logged on in years to either. I should start there, I just know that we have vette guys here and this site is the "go to" for me. I remember something about the dry sump, didn't know if it was '08 or '09.
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

'08+ ZO6 has the TR6060 tranny, better steering feel, CF look center console plastic, etc. I'd do at least an '08.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
          '08+ ZO6 has the TR6060 tranny, better steering feel, CF look center console plastic, etc. I'd do at least an '08.
          base model c6 got all the same upgrades in 08 as well

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
            Thanks man, appreciate it. I am primarily wondering about '08 - '11 differences. I already know I'd be going with an 08+. Thanks!

Comment

You can afford one of each year. I'd do that. Moving back or something or just tired of driving a yaris or whatever.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                You can afford one of each year. I'd do that. Moving back or something or just tired of driving a yaris or whatever.
                I have the RDX to go along with the Yaris...but yeah it's been too long since I had a toy. Not necessarily moving back.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  I have the RDX to go along with the Yaris...but yeah it's been too long since I had a toy. Not necessarily moving back.
                  Yer stuck :/ Maybe i'll get out to that area one of these days.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Might want to wait a year if possible before buying a later model C6. The C7 should be hitting the streets in 14 months or so, and I et the prices will drop quite a bit. They have been pretty stagnant over the past 1.5-2 years, o it's time they have come down a bit.

Comment

<-- Jelly.

Won't see mine for another 4 years until I pay off the Casa.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        Might want to wait a year if possible before buying a later model C6. The C7 should be hitting the streets in 14 months or so, and I et the prices will drop quite a bit. They have been pretty stagnant over the past 1.5-2 years, o it's time they have come down a bit.
                        i have to keep talking myself out of getting another one...i never drove the last one, but it was damn sure fun when i did!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                          Great advice here. As soon as the pics of the C7 come out the prices on the old one will drop quite a bit as the market is flooded.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Why dont you enjoy your new corvette with the refined, tasteful, and understated corvette apparel seen above?

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

Why dont you enjoy your new corvette with the refined, tasteful, and understated corvette apparel seen above?

wow

Comment

Working...
                              X