16yo teen was killed in my neighborhood last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16yo teen was killed in my neighborhood last night

As I was getting ready to go to bed last night I was startled by the sound of a helicopter buzzing my house, and spotlights illuminating my backyard. First thought I had was my neighbor was having a standoff with swat (he's a bit nuts.) But I quickly realized it was careflite. I went outside so see what was doing on and sadly it was what all parents fear. A 16yo. kid was hit by a car.
    What he was doing skating in the middle of the road, I don't know, but shocking none the less to see someone so young like that.

R.I.P. young man.

That sucks for all parties involved. Even if it is not your fault running over and killing someone because of their poor decision still has to take mental toll on you.

Comment

Damn. RIP
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

He was being an idiot. Shame.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          He was being an idiot. Shame.
          I hate a teen getting snuffed out for that, though. I know I did stupid stuff that had the potential of killing me.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            I hate a teen getting snuffed out for that, though. I know I did stupid stuff that had the potential of killing me.
            I realized that after I grew up. Especially when I see a kid getting killed doing something I had done many times. Unfortunately the truth is not every survives the dumb shit most of us did.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

ya, I did some dumb shit, way worse than skate boarding in the down a poorly lit road.

Comment

Why was someone going that fast by your house?

There are cars lined on both sides of the street and it's a residential area.

The driver was being a fucking idiot.

That being said, everytime I go to my aunts I drive by your place and rack the pipes. Lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  RIP...

Originally posted by 4bangen
                  First thought I had was my neighbor was having a standoff with swat (he's a bit nuts.)
                  Brad? ...lulz

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    Why was someone going that fast by your house?

There are cars lined on both sides of the street and it's a residential area.

The driver was being a fucking idiot.

That being said, everytime I go to my aunts I drive by your place and rack the pipes. Lol
                    Dude the speed limit right there is 45. dude wasn't speeding. Sadly I saw the boys body. It wasn't beat up at all. probably went from a head injury from hitting the ground.

I feel worse for the 22yo kid driving that didn't know what he hit. That will haunt him for a life time. Hell it could just as well have been me, or my wife. God forbid if my daughter was in the car with us. I'm gonna be 10x more careful driving down dark roads from now on.

Comment

Oh you're talking about the main road, I thought you meant on your street.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        Oh you're talking about the main road, I thought you meant on your street.
                        DId you read the fucking article?

Originally posted by TheFuckingArticleYouDidn'tRead
                        “Witnesses did not indicate speeding,” he said. “There was no alcohol involved. We will not be filing any charges.”
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn that's around the corner from my parents house. I drive up and down that road all the time. Definitely not the place to be riding a skateboard in the street.

Rip...
                          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            DId you read the fucking article?
                            Dude, Mike can't read he's a dumb ass. BTW racking your pipes as you call it Mike, is sooooo gay. How old are you anyway,16 ?
                            I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

Originally posted by mustang87 View Post
                              Dude, Mike can't read he's a dumb ass. BTW racking your pipes as you call it Mike, is sooooo gay. How old are you anyway,16 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X