Major Drug Bust at TCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Drug Bust at TCU

A drug bust on and around the Texas Christian University campus in Fort Worth has led to the arrest of an untold number of current students.
    In a letter to students, TCU Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr. said an investigation by the Fort Worth Police Department into drugs being sold by students led to the arrests.
    Exactly how many students have been arrested is not yet known.
    Boschini said that the school has never experienced a magnitude of student arrests such as this and that those students who are involved were immediately separated from the school and subject to expulsion.
    A news conference is expected to be held to further discuss the arrests at 9:30 a.m. NBC 5 will have more information on the story at that time.
    Below is the statement from Boschini.
    Dear Campus Community, Early today the Fort Worth Police Department and TCU Campus Police concluded an investigation into drug selling on and around campus that unfortunately led to the arrest of many current TCU students. While this news is certainly shocking and disappointing, it is important to remember that TCU has clear expectations for its students: that they behave in an ethical manner, abide by campus policies and adhere to state and federal law. These students are charged with acting in a manner that is incompatible with TCU values and against the law. That is simply unacceptable and such reported behavior is not tolerated at this University. We have a responsibility to ensure that our campus environment is free of such behavior. Today's actions highlight that responsibility. The students involved were immediately separated from TCU and criminally trespassed from campus. Further, according to University policy, students arrested and found in violation of distributing drugs are subject to immediate expulsion from TCU. TCU has never before experienced a magnitude of student arrests such as this. In fact, Campus Police records show only five student arrests related to drug law violations in recent years. I have asked our vice chancellor for student affairs, Dr. Kathy Cavins-Tull, to examine whether any new programs or procedures need to be implemented to curtail this type of behavior in the future. The Fort Worth Police Department also has offered to help in these efforts. Today's events have forever changed the lives of the involved students, and we hope they will find a healthy way to move forward. Also, the next couple of weeks will be tough for the TCU family. There is no doubt that it will hurt to see our name associated with this type of behavior. But we must not allow this moment to define us. We must remember that we are overwhelmingly a community of dedicated students, faculty and staff and focused on changing the world through our collective work and commitment to leadership. Sincerely, Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr.

4 football players and a total of 17 students have been arrested.
    Last edited by sspstang; 02-15-2012, 09:50 AM.
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

Thank goodness these young college students will have their lives ruined for committing a victimless crime. I know I'll sleep better tonight now that the streets are safe.

Comment

Oh the stories I could tell...

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
        do these stories involve college students who hook their self out for dope? If so, PM me

Comment

People broke the law, and there were repercussions? SAT IT AIN'T SO!
          sigpic

Comment

Can we start mandating some fucking paragraph breaks in posts around here?

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              It's a slow board day. Entertain us.

Comment

free the weed

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Can we start mandating some fucking paragraph breaks in posts around here?
                  Email MSNBC.
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                    Email MSNBC.
                    Their page (link) has 6 breaks.

No coffee + wall of text =

Comment

College kids do drugs?! Say it aint so!

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                        Email MSNBC.

Are you the guy I met at the Alberstons car show in S Arlington about six months ago with the SSP car? Can't remember your name.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Are you the guy I met at the Alberstons car show in S Arlington about six months ago with the SSP car? Can't remember your name.
                          Forgettable sex?

Boosh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                            Forgettable sex?

Boosh?
                            I never forget sex. Even the sex that I'd like to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I never forget sex. Even the sex that I'd like to forget.

Elvis isn't sure how to feel about this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X