Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising on Facebook

'mornin' fellas,

So last night I created our first ad on facebook for our adoption page. Those of you that have "liked" our facebook page will most likely not see it because we specifically excluded you from the targeted ad.

It was kinda cool that we can target the ad to a specific geographic point like a 50 mile radius of Lewisville. We also targeted women in a specific age bracket (15 to 24) who had "liked" pages like "MTV's 16 and Pregnant" or "University of North Texas" According to Facebook, up to 40,000 people may see the ad.

If things work well I'll expand the ad to include all of Texas.

Have any of you tried advertising on Facebook? How did it work out for you? Do you have any suggestions?

BTW, please don't click our ad if you see it, unless, of course you happen to be pregnant and interested in open adoption. Our advertising budget is pretty limited on this first go around.

Good luck, way cool.

Comment

So do you have to pay for each 'hit' you get? I always wondered how that worked. I have found a photographer that I love and a couple other things from the ads that pop up there, so I can say that it gets some attention.

Best of luck! Guess I won't be seeing it since I 'like' your page already.
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

You have two different ways of getting viewed. One is a pay per click which in my case is $1 a click.

The other has you charged for every thousand times your ad is shown. I'm not 100% clear on how that works so I'm testing the waters on the per click charge first then trying the other method..

Comment

Don't take this wrong, but is it really this hard to find a baby to adopt? I know the process is long, but it seems like you guys have been looking for a while. Are you guys being really selective or are there not that many babies available?(which would be a good thing I guess).

Good luck man, I hope you guys find someone soon.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            Don't take this wrong, but is it really this hard to find a baby to adopt? I know the process is long, but it seems like you guys have been looking for a while. Are you guys being really selective or are there not that many babies available?(which would be a good thing I guess).

Good luck man, I hope you guys find someone soon.
            I won't take it wrong at all.

Some people find themselves waiting YEARS. Some find themselves with a baby in weeks. I know of couples that are using our agency that have been waiting over 5 years for a domestic adoption. Since we are doing an Open Adoption, the birth mother picks who will be the adoptive parents.

As for us specifically, we have yet to match with anyone so there hasn't been any opportunity to turn someone away. Frankly, it would have to be a really screwed up situation for us to do that.

Edit: Oh an to address the time we've been waiting. We've talked about adoption for years but only got started two years ago. It was put on hold for almost a year while we tried to have a baby through a surrogate mother in India. We looked into China but that has become a stupidly complicated and difficult process. So we decided on a domestic adoption. We hooked up with our agency in Sept 09 but it took until April 2010 before we went live and were available to be matched with a birth mother. That time was spent getting a home study done (a real bitch). Getting a "Dear Birthmother" letter crafted (much more involved than you might think) getting brochures made up, creating a website, etc, etc...

So in reality we have only been available for selection since April of this year.
            Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 12-11-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

It's truly sad that there are junior high kids getting pregnant and knowing those kids will end up in a terrible situation when there are couples actively looking and desperately desiring to have children. I really feel for you guys. Another couple I've known since high school has been going through all that, too, for about the same time.

I wish you guys the best.
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

PM me if you'd like to see if my wife knows some people in China that can help you get around some of the BS. Her mom works in a high-up government position and may know someone. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  PM me if you'd like to see if my wife knows some people in China that can help you get around some of the BS. Her mom works in a high-up government position and may know someone. Good luck to you.
                  Thanks but we are now locked in on doing a domestic adoption.

When it comes to China, the US government isn't the problem. The Chinese government has set some fairly strict standards, such as requiring adopting families to have at least $80K in assets. Also adoption is gaining huge acceptance within their own country (which is a good thing) that is making the wait MUCH longer these days. The foreign adoption hot spots had become Guatemala and Vietnam but they have recently shut down all adoptions because of baby selling

Comment

Good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X