Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speeding ticket in oklahoma(trooper), what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding ticket in oklahoma(trooper), what to do?

got cited for 55 in a 45 even though i was doing 67

i'm not trying to get out of the ticket but just trying to see which option is better(as far as my driving record goes). he said that since it is only 10 over it won't put any points on my license, but before i just send the money for the ticket i wanna be sure. if i can just pay the fine($188) and i know for sure it wont hurt my driving record then i will just do that, but if it will i would rather do defensive driving.

and that is another question i have, can you do defensive driving in tejas for another states ticket? i dont wanna have to do d.driving again but i will if i have to

thanks

oh and...

sounds like he did you a favor. I thought it was 10%, but maybe that's Texas? you can take defensive driving
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Check state law and see your oprions

Comment

I don't know shit about oklahoma
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          I don't know shit about oklahoma
          i don't think there is much to know

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
            i don't think there is much to know
            Well I do know you can't go ten over there! Hey-o!

Comment

Here is a link about points and other states:

I'd try and get a local attorney and see If he can make it disappear. Local pd or ohp?

Comment

OK state trooper

Comment

Do what I do. Write to the court and request a jury trial; make sure to send it certified and do it asap. 9 times out of 10 they will simply lose the ticket and you will never hear from them again. When it comes to extorting cash from the public the courts go for the low hanging fruit.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    Do what I do. Write to the court and request a jury trial; make sure to send it certified and do it asap. 9 times out of 10 they will simply lose the ticket and you will never hear from them again. When it comes to extorting cash from the public the courts go for the low hanging fruit.
                    I must have been the 1 out of 10 cause I did that exact same thing and it didnt work..I know it works cause a buddy of mine did that with a speeding ticket in a small town and he never heard from it again..Usualy only works with small towns

Comment

Just stay out of OK and never pay it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                          Good luck with getting the vehicle registration and DL renewed. Some bad advice in here. GR, just call the number on the citation, and ask them if you can do deferred.
                          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Yeah unlike the old days this is NOT something you want to do. They will suspend your TX DL and it is a pain in the ass to get it all straightened out.

Comment

Years ago I was in a JP court in Garland. There were several people including a truck driver who thought the same thing. Everyone of them got their license suspended. The JP did not give any kind of work permit, even for the truck driver. Heck, people that got tickets for not wearing their corrective lenses where all given license probation.

Comment

Working...
                              X