Thurs FTP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    If the coroner determined that it was by their own actions, then yes, I'm OK with their deaths, but no OK with the way he handled this one. The first one seems legit, but this one he should have reasonably seen the accident and taken some action, even if the guy died on impact.

How about ER docs that make decisions like this? Are you OK with them giving up early on a coded patient that just killed a child?

You wouldn't have kept driving Matt. You would have stopped and no doubt came away with burns from trying to save the guy/girl that was in the wrong. 'Cause that's how you roll, and also why I respect you as an officer of the law.

That's the only thing I have issue with on this. I totally agree that the people being pursued were in the wrong. Just not sure the death sentence doled out by the pursuer was appropriate.

Point being that we all know in a violent crash minutes count. No saying if the fire would result, or any other by product, but minutes do count.

As for the ER doc giving up on someone that killed a child? No problem at all with that. That said, neither one of these young people had killed anyone. They chose, wrongly, to run. Doesn't mean this one man jury had the right to do as he did.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Thing is, this person didn't kill anyone before the accident and instead of stopping and checking to see if he could be of help BEFORE the inferno, he kept drive, took a stop for a few minutes, thought about what he was doing, waited for the call and THEN drove back, made a show of putting an extinguisher on the fire and then called his atty. He knew he was in the wrong
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        You wouldn't have kept driving Matt. You would have stopped and no doubt came away with burns from trying to save the guy/girl that was in the wrong. 'Cause that's how you roll, and also why I respect you as an officer of the law.

That's the only thing I have issue with on this. I totally agree that the people being pursued were in the wrong. Just not sure the death sentence doled out by the pursuer was appropriate.

Point being that we all know in a violent crash minutes count. No saying if the fire would result, or any other by product, but minutes do count.

As for the ER doc giving up on someone that killed a child? No problem at all with that. That said, neither one of these young people had killed anyone. They chose, wrongly, to run. Doesn't mean this one man jury had the right to do as he did.
        You are right. If there was anything I could have done, I would have tried. Even seeing the video, it's CLEARLY EVIDENT that the car was wrecked out when he passed it. I believe that is why he slowed down. He knew damn well that it was the car he was chasing.

The trooper did NOT dole out a death sentence according to the coroner. The driver died "instantly". If there would have been evidence of smoke in the lungs, that would have meant that he was alive and burned, but from the coroner, I guess that there was none which showed he died before the fire.

Comment

You are right. If there was anything I could have done, I would have tried. Even seeing the video, it's CLEARLY EVIDENT that the car was wrecked out when he passed it. I believe that is why he slowed down. He knew damn well that it was the car he was chasing.

The trooper did NOT dole out a death sentence according to the coroner. The driver died "instantly". If there would have been evidence of smoke in the lungs, that would have meant that he was alive and burned, but from the coroner, I guess that there was none which showed he died before the fire.
          I got ya on that, totally agree.

He couldn't make that determination at 40mph though, nor at the 21mph he slowed to. My stand is that he knew it was a horrific impact and that the longer the perp was in the wreckage, the less chance he/she had of surviving.

That would be almost psychopathic in nature, on the second occurrence even, wouldn't you agree? I understand if you can't really answer that one.

Or maybe just a twisted sense of justice? It happens...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

That's my argument as well. The cop didn't know the guy was dead before the fire, he just drove on. While I know there is no obligation to protect or serve, this was just beyond the pale

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              I'm in EMT class with some idiots that are trying to "enhance their law enforcement resume" right now. Lets just say that they are some of the dumbest, most lazy, out of shape fucking idiots I have ever met in my life. Figures they are going up for law enforcement. New generation of fucktards. I'm not saying all cops are like that, but the ratio of quality is just going down the tubes. These guys can't even score a 50% on our tests and every single one is in danger of being expelled because they can't even absorb basic human anatomy..Oh wow they can go to the range, but can't name one chamber of the human heart.
              Any idiot can go through police academy. The reason they are trying to "enhance" their resumes, is because they are the ones that cannot get jobs. I know Navarro College puts out about 50+ each semester. Only 8 of my class of 54 ever got police jobs. The rest will never be officers. All you have to have to go through the academy is no criminal record. You need to go through much more to actually get a job. For what its worth, brothers friend is an EMT. He is also one of the most lazy, dumb, and out of shape people I have ever met.

Comment

True. I'm aiming for firefighter/ paramedic. Possibly off-shore oil rig
                Paramedic. Emt is just the first and smallest step.
                sigpic

Comment

Paramedic. Emt is just the first and smallest step.
                  Now that is going to be bank. After the military I was trying to get a company to train me to work on generators so I could go to antartica

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    That's my argument as well. The cop didn't know the guy was dead before the fire, he just drove on. While I know there is no obligation to protect or serve, this was just beyond the pale
                    I find this statement, along with your signature, to be quite entertaining.

You say an officer should help someone who has just put that officer in a life and death situation, and then sign it with a statement saying you would rejoice in someone hearing their last breath.

Amazing.

Comment

Paramedic.
                      Emt is just the first and smallest step.
                      I bet thats big money!

Comment

I find this statement, along with your signature, to be quite entertaining.

You say an officer should help someone who has just put that officer in a life and death situation, and then sign it with a statement saying you would rejoice in someone hearing their last breath.

Amazing.
                        The guy didn't shoot at the cop, he was speeding. And yes, he should. Go outside, read your car. Serve and protect. While you have no obligation to do it, it's a general good idea. And my quote is from my Army days. You'll forgive me if I didn't do the touchy feely jobs. You know what? I dealt with people who actively tried to kill me. As in, shot us and then, when injured, we took time to treat them. The cop fucked up badly. He passed a wreck, slowed down, then went and parked for a while.

Tell me he wasn't wrong. You've already said he was fucked up like a soup sandwich but now you're sticking up for this fuckup?
                        Last edited by Forever_frost; 02-09-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Now that is going to be bank.
                          Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                          I bet thats big money!
                          Well I fucking hope so!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            That TOTALLY makes it ok for this cop to do this for the second time in his career, both of which resulted in death?

Did I read that right, this is the second time this cop engaged in this activity?

And you think it's A-OK? Seriously? By luck of the draw two people that crashed out both died with this cop chasing them and it's ok?
                            I personally would have stopped. However, my point is that the driver killed him/herself by driving at a high rate of speed, thus losing control. At the end of the day, the accident is a result of someone exercising poor judgement. It's not the cop or anyone else's fault that this person died. I'm not real sympathetic to people who run from the cops and endanger themselves and the public. I use to be in EMS, so I guess I'm jaded from seeing the carnage created by people being both selfish and stupid behind the wheel of a car.

For what its worth, brothers friend is an EMT. He is also one of the most lazy, dumb, and out of shape people I have ever met.
                            It happens. However, most people that I worked with made it a point to stay in shape just to avoid injury or illness.

I bet thats big money!
                            Yes, it is. I had an opportunity once to do a 6 month stint on an off shore rig for 50K tax free. However, that shit is not my cup of tea, regardless of the pay. Takes a lot of mental toughness and the ability to deal with mind numbing boredom with occasional periods of actually rendering aid.

Comment

The guy didn't shoot at the cop, he was speeding. And yes, he should. Go outside, read your car. Serve and protect. While you have no obligation to do it, it's a general good idea. And my quote is from my Army days. You'll forgive me if I didn't do the touchy feely jobs. You know what? I dealt with people who actively tried to kill me. As in, shot us and then, when injured, we took time to treat them. The cop fucked up badly. He passed a wreck, slowed down, then went and parked for a while.

Tell me he wasn't wrong. You've already said he was fucked up like a soup sandwich but now you're sticking up for this fuckup?
                              I'm not standing up for him, I'm showing you being two-faced.

Oh, and I've read my car again. Nowhere does it say to "Serve and Protect"....

Comment

I'm not standing up for him, I'm showing you being two-faced.

Oh, and I've read my car again. Nowhere does it say to "Serve and Protect"....
                                I'm not two faced at all. My job was to remove threats and destroy the enemy. Yours is to protect the public. His was to protect the public. If I take the time to tend the wounds of the enemy well, that's above and beyond however it's part of a cop's general responsibilities.

By any chance does it say this?

Comment

Working...
                                X