Fort Worth Amber Alert: 11 yo Girl abducted by mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth Amber Alert: 11 yo Girl abducted by mother

I'm sure y'all saw it on your morning commute, but I figure I'd throw it out there.

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 11-year-old girl out of Fort Worth.

FORT WORTH, TX (KLTV) -
    An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 11-year-old girl out of Fort Worth.

Jessica Smith, 11, was last seen early Tuesday morning in Tarrant County.

She's described as a white female with brown hair and eyes, standing 5'1" and weighing about 120 pounds.

Fort Worth Police are searching for a 2007 silver Mazda CX9 TX BMZ 390. Authorities say the vehicle has tinted windows and a green Harley-Davidson decal on the window.

Authorities believe Jessica was taken by her mother, Kimberly Smith.

If you have any information regarding Jessica's whereabouts or the suspect vehicle, please call the Fort Worth Police Department at (817) 335-4222.

Saw it on last nights news as well...looks like the FBI is involved now
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

So, why send and Amber alert for her mother picking her up? Is she bat shit crazy?

Comment

From what I understand, the child in is imminent danger.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

was mom trying to kill her or what

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            the child in is imminent danger.
            5'1'', 11 years old and already at 120lbs...I would say so

Seriously though, they need to give a few more details related to description of vehicles, related vehicles. Local family, friends or potential places to stay. I mean do you need the whole us looking or just locally?

The reasoning behind the imminent danger and what not is not in question as I am not one to judge and being nosey does not help at this point but they really do need to give a few more details as to what I mentioned above.
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

They said her mom is already a fugitive, if I'm not mistaking she killed 2 neighbors and stabbed the husband a couple time.
              Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                5'1'', 11 years old and already at 120lbs...I would say so

Seriously though, they need to give a few more details related to description of vehicles, related vehicles. Local family, friends or potential places to stay. I mean do you need the whole us looking or just locally?

The reasoning behind the imminent danger and what not is not in question as I am not one to judge and being nosey does not help at this point but they really do need to give a few more details as to what I mentioned above.
                I think the said a Silver Mazda CX9
                Last edited by Ted; 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Looking at the picture of her, unless it is extremely old, there is no way that that little girl is 120 pounds...or 5'1. I have 2 nieces that are 11 and 12. both are near 5' but are now where near 100 pounds....

Sending prayers that they find her!

Comment

mom

kido
                    WRX

Comment

FORT WORTH - Police issued an Amber Alert for Jessica Smith, 11, at around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The girl was last seen near the 7300 block of Indiana Avenue and it is believed she was taken by her mother, Kimberly, between 9 o'clock Monday night and 6 o'clock Tuesday morning.

They are believed to be traveling in a silver 2007 Mazda CX-9 sport utility vehicle with Texas license plate BMZ-390. The vehicle has tinted windows and a pink and green Harley Davidson decal on the rear window.

Jessica Smith is described as white, 5-foot-1 and 120 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

"She's a very friendly girl; she's a real sweetheart," said neighbor Allison Perkins. "We're all praying for her and her family that everything's okay."

Kimberly Smith is described as white, 5-foot-2 and 150 pounds, also with brown hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo of a cross on the back of her neck, and another tattoo on her back.

It is believed Jessica Smith is in danger. Police do not know where Jessica or her mother may be.

"We received some information from witnesses and our investigation is ongoing," said Ofc. Cliff Miller with the Fort Worth police. "Based on what we've gathered so far, we have reason to believe that she is in danger. That's all we can say about the circumstances surrounding this case."

The girl is a fifth grader at Parkwood Hill Intermediate School in north Fort Worth. News 8's Casey Norton reports the school contacted police when Jessica Smith did not arrive for class on Tuesday.

"I really want to find her, because she's my like best friend," said 13-year-old Tammy Vu. She said she's been friends with Jessica since they were both in the first grade. "I don't think she's going to be missing for that long, because I don't think her mom would do something like that. Her mom was really nice when we would talk with her."

It is believed Kimberly Smith was involved in an argument at the home Monday night, but police would not speculate as to why she allegedly took her daughter. The police have not been able to make contact with either mother or daughter.

A year ago, Kimberly Smith and her husband went through messy divorce proceedings. The father was previously accused of serious criminal charges, though News 8 is working to confirm the details of those charges. The father does not currently live with the daughters.

According to the stepsisters living in the house, Kimberly Smith has been struggling lately with the divorce. Her daughters wanted her to get help, but she refused.

One stepsister, Caitlin Fields, said the situation grew heated Monday night.

"There was a lot happening - like, my mom, my older sister [and] my little sister were are arguing and fighting and stuff," Fields said. "It was like they all kept saying they were done with each other and I had to help my sister get my mom away from Jessica, so that Jessica could go sit down and cool off."

Fields said when the family went to bed last night, they thought everything had calmed down. But Tuesday morning Kimberly woke up those in the house yelling. The stepsisters thought Kimberly Smith had taken Jessica to school, until they got a phone call from the school saying she was not there.

"Her school had talked to Jessica yesterday in the counseling office, and they got worried that she wasn't at school today, so they sent the police over," Fields said.

Comment

Props to the school for getting involved and following up when she didn't show up for class.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          Props to the school for getting involved and following up when she didn't show up for class.
                          Definitely.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                          X