No announcement yet.

who has done turbotax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPA>Turbo Tax , you could be missing out on a lot of $ using Turbo .

Comment

Mine are not super complicated, but to me it is worth it to just drop of my pile of stuff at the CPA and wait for him to call and let me know if my money needs to go in my Roth or regular IRA.

Comment

Yeah, that one suprised me, although I think I got it last year too. I've used Turbotax for the last 5 years or so. Super easy to use. My return mostly consists of filling in my income, listing my interest on my home loan, taxes, and having them e-file it for me. It does help remind you about little things that you might not have thought of. Mine said 7-14 days when direct deposited I believe... maybe 7-10...

Originally posted by The King View Post
        State/local sales tax deduction FTW, expect that to go away for the 2012 tax filing though. That would be the tipping point for us to go back to using the standard deduction.

Used FreeFile this year with the fillable forms. No hassle, no cost.

Comment

Typically, 10-14 days through E-file direct deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
            Typically, 10-14 days through E-file direct deposit.
            Good luck. I e-filed mine last month, got the acceptance email on the 30th and it finally showed up in the 'where's my refund' system with a target date of Feb. 21 for deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
              Good luck. I e-filed mine last month, got the acceptance email on the 30th and it finally showed up in the 'where's my refund' system with a target date of Feb. 21 for deposit.
              I keep wondering when the Fed will start handing out I.O.U.s like California with the debt...
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                I keep wondering when the Fed will start handing out I.O.U.s like California with the debt...
                I've wondered about that.

Comment

I've used TT for several years - generally I'll have my return direct deposited within a week. The closer to April 15th, the longer it takes though to get any return.

I've known people who were getting returns of 18-20k. they were doing shit like claiming clothes and resturants as business expenses.

It was all a red flag to me - you can't make 50k and then get a 20k return without doing something illegal or extremely stupid.

The most i ever got back was about 6k because of a burglary where I didn't have renters insurance. (not even close to what I lost though - Learned a big lesson there)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                    I've used TT for several years - generally I'll have my return direct deposited within a week. The closer to April 15th, the longer it takes though to get any return.

I've known people who were getting returns of 18-20k. they were doing shit like claiming clothes and resturants as business expenses.

It was all a red flag to me - you can't make 50k and then get a 20k return without doing something illegal or extremely stupid.

The most i ever got back was about 6k because of a burglary where I didn't have renters insurance. (not even close to what I lost though - Learned a big lesson there)
                    We were blessed a lot this year and we've donated a lot more to charity, well above our "normal" donations so I'm nervous on what my return results will be. I don't want any flags to go up.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      LOL @ turbo tax. I only use a CPA and he drives a Lambo so he must be doing something right.
                      Didn't that CPA guy here drives a LAMBO? Yellow?

Or was that back in Canada

Speaking of LAMBO's... Where is that guy that had two of them?

Comment

filed mine last week, refund was direct deposited today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post

I get a pretty decent return because of paying for school, but nothing like that

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            filed mine last week, refund was direct deposited today.
                            With turbo tax I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                              With turbo tax I take it?
                              yup

Comment

I dont know how people get huge legit returns. I got $1400 last year so this year I decided to pay in alot more in hopes of a big return. I ended up getting $1700 instead. The difference is my wife only worked 3 months in 2010 and all of 2011 so I guess we got bumped into a different tax bracket.

Comment

Working...
                                X