who has done turbotax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    mine is super simple. single, no kids, no dependents, one job, rent an apt, no loans, no additional income, no kind of deductions of any kind. i used to do it myself but h&r block does 1040ez forms for free so why the hell not? i walk in and walk out in 15 minutes and don't have to do shit but sign a couple things. still get the same amount as if i did it myself, without any work

my friends used to have ''people'' that would get them all kinds of money back.. they would always try to get me to use them but i denied. now i know of 3 of them that are getting audited... fucking dummies!

i'll just take my $1900 and be happy
    Getting the same back, gonna buy a shotgun.

Comment

well these were people that had kids, house, etc. and were getting like 8 or 9k back. i know when something is too good to be true, momma didn't raise no foo!
      I get that, but there's not really any room for interpretation of most of what applies to your average taxpayer after 25 years of the '86 Code. Getting creative with a return that doesn't have issues with an extremely narrow focus (there really aren't that many that the courts haven't addressed authoritatively) is just asking for trouble. Kids, houses, medical expenses, capital gains...the IRS has seen it all a eleventy billion times and just about every way you can try to game the system.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      I've used turbotax for a number of years. Honestly, I'd pay wwwaaaayyy more for the "syncing to Fidelity" feature than they charge me.
      I can only imagine how much time and effort that saves you.

Comment

Been using it for years.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          I can only imagine how much time and effort that saves you.
          Ha, I actually don't "trade" nearly as often as most people think. I'm highly regulated on that kind of stuff - it is a tremendous positive regardless.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Ha, I actually don't "trade" nearly as often as most people think. I'm highly regulated on that kind of stuff - it is a tremendous positive regardless.
            Hadn't thought about that at all. I've had no desire to ever touch another individual return with an extensive amount of capital asset transactions since a professor assigned a tax return project with 6 pages of such transactions. Come to think of it, I've got no desire to touch another individual return of any kind (that isn't my own) ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
              LOL @ turbo tax. I only use a CPA and he drives a Lambo so he must be doing something right.
              Pattymelt?

Comment

Hadn't thought about that at all. I've had no desire to ever touch another individual return with an extensive amount of capital asset transactions since a professor assigned a tax return project with 6 pages of such transactions. Come to think of it, I've got no desire to touch another individual return of any kind (that isn't my own) ever again.
                Yeah, our regulations are pretty strict. Still, I have about 40-50 transactions in any given year and that alone is worth it. Imagine these people who have thousands, dear god.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Yeah, our regulations are pretty strict. Still, I have about 40-50 transactions in any given year and that alone is worth it. Imagine these people who have thousands, dear god.
                  Thankfully it looks like most of my work will be split between our international and corporate groups, but I'll quit the day that someone tries to hand me the return of a day trader.

Comment

Thankfully it looks like most of my work will be split between our international and corporate groups, but I'll quit the day that someone tries to hand me the return of a day trader.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      I'll buy you a beer if you find a way to somehow dupe me into that mess.

Comment

I'll buy you a beer if you find a way to somehow dupe me into that mess.
                        I was just fucking with you, I don't personally know any day traders, but I can see how it would go.

Me: Hey, can I get your help with my taxes? How much will you charge me?
                        You: CHOO CHOO$$$$$$ Sure thing, bring out your paperwork.
                        Me:

THANKS BRO!

You:

Comment

I use it every year. I e-filed this year on Jan 31st and it finally showed up the IRS site this morning and said my refund should be here Feb 21st.

Oh and yeah I tried using one of those people who "hook up" your taxes one year and I got audited that year. I learned my lesson real quick.

Comment

mine is super simple. single, no kids, no dependents, one job, rent an apt, no loans, no additional income, no kind of deductions of any kind. i used to do it myself but h&r block does 1040ez forms for free so why the hell not? i walk in and walk out in 15 minutes and don't have to do shit but sign a couple things. still get the same amount as if i did it myself, without any work

my friends used to have ''people'' that would get them all kinds of money back.. they would always try to get me to use them but i denied. now i know of 3 of them that are getting audited... fucking dummies!

i'll just take my $1900 and be happy
                            I'm almost in the same boat as you. I use H&R Block but do it online, simple.

My friends tell me to go to this Guy who can get you back more than expected...I dont trust that shit in the long run.
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

I use TurboTax. I gotta a couple more 1099 I'm waiting on before I start mine this year.

So far, so good. No audits. *knock on wood*
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

State/local sales tax deduction FTW, expect that to go away for the 2012 tax filing though. That would be the tipping point for us to go back to using the standard deduction.

Used FreeFile this year with the fillable forms. No hassle, no cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X