No announcement yet.

Ever had your credit cards cut up`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad told me a story about a time when he was a jewelry store manager for Kay Jewelers in Atlanta. We were broke and there was this huge guy that came in with an American Express and they had to call in for authorization. Back then if AmEx told you the card needed to be cut in half they gave whoever cut it in half $100 for doing so. Apparently there was fraud related to the card so they said cut it up. My dad pulled out some scissors and the guy went ballistic and said he was going to jump over the counter and cut his dick off with those scissors if he cut that card. My dad said he thought about it and then thought about how that $100 would feed us for a month and chopped the sucker right in half!

I think that was probably necessary in the 80's when they had to manually swipe and authorize cards. I was at the store with my mom one time and she tried to use a card that hadn't been used in well over a year (had no balance) and they cut it in half right in front of her. Turns out the account had been closed for lack of activity.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      i dont have any credit cards! cash is King
      My name is not cash

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
        I had a guy at hot topic years ago tell me he was going to cut my card up cause it was declined. I told him if he did he would find out what my fist tastes like. i haven't shopped their since then, i was probably 18 at the time.
        he was doing you a favor by not letting you buy anything from Hot Topic
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with CC's if used properly. I just cashed in a bunch of travel points on mine for $125 Amazon.com gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            Me too.

Dave Ramsey farts in your general direction...
            Who the hell is Dave Ramsey? Either way, let him fart, my allergies are kicking my ass anyways so I cant smell shit....literally!
            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              There is nothing wrong with CC's if used properly. I just cashed in a bunch of travel points on mine for $125 Amazon.com gift card.
              Exactly. I pay mine off every month and have done so for years. I am about to get a $200 check from them. I get one for every $20K I charge. This is my second time in a few years.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                he was doing you a favor by not letting you buy anything from Hot Topic
                lmao that's the fucking truth.

Comment

I have one card for major expenses that i want to spread over a few months and an amex card that has to be paid off every month. We run most everything thru the amex. My kids carry their own amex card for gas and emergencies.

I got my daughter an ipad2 for Christmas this year using the reward points that i had accrued on the amex over the past year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                    Who the hell is Dave Ramsey? Either way, let him fart, my allergies are kicking my ass anyways so I cant smell shit....literally!
                    Not sure if serious?

I really like my Chase Freedom Card. I'm not much of a traveler so miles don't do much for me, but cash back is nice. I do wonder what effect the fees they charge merchants is having on the costs of goods. Kinda like taxing a business, it all gets priced into the cost of the product, right?
                    Last edited by slow06; 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM.
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Exactly. I pay mine off every month and have done so for years. I am about to get a $200 check from them. I get one for every $20K I charge. This is my second time in a few years.

I'm on a mission with my Bank of America credit card to earn $500 in free cash. I only have to charge another 20k and I'll be there. Best part is those cock suckers haven't earned one penny in fees or interest in the 4 years I've had the card.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                        I disagree, not the devil if you pay your bills in full every month. Helps build credit, earn rewards (cash, flights, etc...) and good to have in case of emergency.

I use my chase card for everything, in the past 18 months I've redeemed almost $1000 in rewards as cash deposited right into my account. I'd say that's coming out ahead wouldn't you?
                        Yep. We have ONE credit card. Use it when we need it, pay it off every month without fail. At the end of the year we use the bonus points to pay for everybody's Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                        X